Another Invalid Application Error

Scott750
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Scott750

I'm getting an "Invalid Application: Unable to Launch media browser" error in WMC MB Classic. This only happens when I click on "Movies". Clicking on "Collections", "Playlists" or "TV Shows" does not get an error. And I can plays movies without error from the Collections folder. I'm currently on MBC v3.0.266. I do know MBC was working last night. Just this morning I am getting the error. Not sure if MBC updated overnight or not. MBClassic and MBServer are on 2 different PC's. 

I searched and found several other threads with this error. Some suggestions were the following:

- Search for duplicate MediaBrowser.Model.dll files - I did find 2 of these, one in a windows.old folder and one in the C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic. I deleted the one in the Old folder but sill get the error

- Uninstall/reinstall MBC - I did this, using the download from the website but same situation, only errors when clicking on Movies.After reinstalling MBC ther's only 1 mediabrowser.model.dll found.

- Theme plug-in might be out-of-date - I'm using the default chocolate theme v3.0.8. It says its up-to-date. But I deinstalled/reinstalled the theme anyway. Restarted WMC and MBC and still get the error only in Movies.

On a seperate note, when MBC pulls up and Movies is highlighted I don't see any of titles displayed. Only an icon to the very right. Now last night when everything was working it did the same thing so I believe these 2 issues are unrelated. Just thought I'd ask. But if you prefer I start a new thread on this topic I will. 

No%20Movies_zpspxazmc7k.jpg

Collections%20good_zpspwscacoc.jpg

Attached logs and Windows Event log.

MBC Windows Event Log.txt

MBClassic-86201572eb143507df4dd6aca073d52838c1c5.log

server-63569369619.txt

Edited by Scott750

• Solution

Update to the current Beta.  I'm pretty sure this was fixed a few weeks ago in that version.

• Like 1

Scott750

MB Server won't update to Beta even after I switch it to update to Beta releases. When I check the Emby website, it lists the version for beta is a lower number than the stable. Is this correct? I clicked on the beta version to download, but when I opened the file to install, it said v3.0.5621.4 (stable Release) was being instales.  My MB Server is currently at v3.0.5621.4

Releases_zps5qcs3ye1.jpg

Edited by Scott750

Scott750

Just updated to the beta version of MBC and its working again. Thanks ebr!