LiveTV Channel Guide Plans?

Chuck

Chuck

It sure would be nice to have a channel guide similar to that of the web interface for Roku.

With the launch of Windows 10 and the retirement of Media Center and Media Extenders, there is big hole for users of that system set-up for the tv guide and watching cable/ota tv.

From what I've seen so far, Emby's Roku support seems to be the best replacement option.  The only missing function is a grid view channel guide as opposed to the current Roku channel presentation.

• Like 1

I'm sure we'll get this into Roku as well eventually but that platform makes it much more difficult than some of the others.   Our Android TV and Fire TV apps do have a live guide grid and could be considered for someone switching to a streaming device.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
above1

just bumping this, Also wanted @@Luke to see if anything ever came out of the "What's On Channel" guide and getting it ported into the Roku App.

Re: [Pvt Channel] What's On: New Feature - 3-hr TV Grid List

icon_post_target.gifby belltown » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:08 pm

luke823 wrote:Thanks. I'm the Media Browser project lead. Our server supports streaming Live Tv and there is a lot of demand for a presentation like this within our Roku app.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you my code for the TV listings display. It wasn't really written to be a reusable component; however, you should be able to adapt it to work with your own data.

Edited by above1

• 9 months later...
gte709p

Know this post is old, but wanted to agree.  A grid guide for Roku would be awesome.  The current liveTV guide is quite difficult to follow, but the web grid is amazing.  Something similar on a Roku would be a dream come true for me.