Not downloading data for new TV Shows since ver. 3.0.5621.4

lloydcodrington

lloydcodrington

Hi All,

Since 3.0.5621.4 I have had trouble adding new TV shows to my library.  Basically when I add the new folder and the library scans it add the new folder but does not download the metadata for the show. 

If I then go to download it manually I get an error message that 'There was an error processing your request, please try again later'  and this is after when I select to indentify the show it displays the banner for the show rather than the folder image as usual.  Please see the uploaded images fig 1 and fig 2 for demonstration of the errors mentioned:

post-9349-0-02572900-1433745179_thumb.png

post-9349-0-73168100-1433745257_thumb.png

I've also attached my latest log file:

server-63569318400.txt

The only metadata that is downloaded are a couple of the relevant external ID numbers of IMDB etc.  Nothing else is downloading.

I am able to download manually images I need but that is it. No title info, cast info, date info, etc.

When Auto Organise is used to add new episodes it seems to work ok, adding the new title info and placing it in the appropriate season folder but it does not add the relevant episode information but I can add that manually.  I have tried to add the show information manually too but this does not work, it only seems to do so for the episode data.  All that happens when I attempt to add the show metadata manually is that the busy indicator just spins and spins and does not stop until I change screen.

The log says it can't find the name of the show in the TVDb but it does find and save the correct ID number which then allows me to download the images manually.  But it does not download the rest of the metadata. 

Any ideas please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Lloyd

Edited by lloydcodrington

can you enable debug logging under advanced and then repeat the test and provide a new log? thanks.

lloydcodrington

Hi Luke,

I did as you requested and added a new TV series.  This time after the library was scanned and none of the metadata was downloaded I did so manually and parts of the problem repeated themselves and others didn't.

I was unable to use the identify feature as it again displayed a banner and not the folder image.  It then didn't download any information at all.  I then did a refresh and this time it seems to download some of the information.

Not sure if this affected what was happening but I did notice that for some reason my broadband speed did drop of the face of a cliff for a while.  But have attached the log requested zipped up as it was over the limit for file size.

server-63569349381.zip

Edited by lloydcodrington

lloydcodrington

Yes sorry the aspects of the original issue raised that repeat themselves this time are the issue relating to identifying a new TV series.  From the Metadata Manager screen I selected Identity and when the item was found the image available for selection was the banner and not the folder as usual.  So I selected the show but came up with the same error as illustrated in the two figures of the initial post above with no metadata downloaded at all.

out of curiosity can you see if this issue occurs in a different browser besides firefox? thanks.

lloydcodrington

Hi Luke,

I tried it in Google Chrome.  And so strangely what happened was that I got the same happening in that when I used the Series Identify feature the image that came up was the banner and not the folder.  I then got the error message as per fig 4 of this reply but unlike before when it did not download any metadata and or images this time it did download the metadata and images.  However I had to view the images and go back to the metadata to see the content as it did not refresh the screen after the error which I cancelled out of.  Have also attached the error log which is still in debug mode.

post-9349-0-65545500-1433816697_thumb.png

post-9349-0-27688900-1433816717_thumb.png

server-63569404800.txt