Android Release - Google TV support?

GushK

Hi

Question is in the title.. 

App is not visible on my Sony NSZ-GS7. Seems like GTV would be the ideal platform for this app. Any technical reason it's not supported?

Cheers

Gush

Edited by GushK

• 2 weeks later...

I am in great hopes that something for current Google TV devices is in the works!!!   Several years ago I abandoned WMC, seeing the writing on the wall that is was a dead platform.  I should have known that the MB guys wouldn't be left behind!   I am now using a full fledged PLEX server system, but there are a lot of things about it that frustrate me that MB has solved over the years.   Unfortunately, my two primary TV's are now powered by Google TV devices (one is a Sony Google TV).   They have a great PLEX app for Google TV, but a Google TV client is the one missing keeping me from jumping back home to the MediaBrowser world!   Soon, I hope!  You have all the other bases covered!   

This stuff looks great, guys!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
doddsie

Hi Red

Just a heads up on the app on a large screen.... I bought a google tv set top box (quad core 1.5, 2gb Ram, Android 4.1.1, hard wired ethernet) and have been contolling it with blutooth keyboard and mouse.

I pointed all my wmc recorded tv to the server (wtv) and it is working extremely well (not surprised). On wired ethernet had to drop the bitrate down a notch for HD streaming but not when tested on WIFI ! A few keyboard commands would be a great help in time as well as TV (which I believe is coming) then the bedroom echo can go.

many thanks again for a great app

Doddsie

• Like 1

What Android version are those two Google TV's?

I'm fairly certain these are both running Honeycomb.    There's continued word that a 4.2.2 release is imminent, but I'm not holding my breath (especially for the Sony TV with GTB actually built in, as it's a few years old at this point).

I've dl'd the Android app for my Note 3.   Oh, wow, I want this to have a way to work on my GTV's.  It's SO beautiful!

I've paid for this app for my Note 3.   Any way to get the .apk so I can at least play with it on my "non compatible" devices and see what happens?

Redshirt

I've paid for this app for my Note 3.   Any way to get the .apk so I can at least play with it on my "non compatible" devices and see what happens?

Are you saying you have a TV that is running Android OS 4.0+ and the play store won't let you download the client?

dgotiear

Are you saying you have a TV that is running Android OS 4.0+ and the play store won't let you download the client?

Yes, Because thought it is built on the foundation of honeycomb it is a nurtured version, 

@@rtech73 I have 3 google TVs in my house and there is a way to install a phone or tablet based apk on the google tv, you have to download a file manager and do a backed install but not through the play store, I did this years ago with logmein when I was playing with rdp for a different computer and it worked well.