Trouble casting to chromecast

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

I love the new layout and the rebranding, logo, and name. The only thing I've noticed now is I am having trouble getting it to cast sometimes. Here is my proccess:

- Click the icon at the top to cast

- Click the name of the Chromecast (living room)

- Touch the left side of the screen to make the menu go away

When I touch the side of the screen, the menu goes away and it does not cast or anything. Sometimes after trying it over and over it works. But I noticed if I kill the app on my android, I can then cast it. And it just almost seems like the problem occurs the most after I have watched netflix or YouTube on my chromecast. I haven't had much of a chance to test it more to find patterns.. but those are just what I have noticed.

AxelAxel3

Step 4 after that is go press play on something. Did you try that?

Well usually it shows the emby screen (with the old logo btw) right after I press that and the cast icon turns blue... but give me a few minutes (after my kid gets done with blues clues lol) and I will try it out. But it seems like I did try that before and it played to my phone cause when I go back in the menu "My Device" is selected again.. Edited by alexander7567

AxelAxel3

Okay... I was watching a show and hit the home button and came back to emby to pause it and it lost that I was casting a video. So I went to select the Chromecast and it did the same thing as described in the original post. I had to unplug the Chromecast to get it to "pause".

Rebooting the Chromecast did not fix it, but killing the app and restarting it did.

Edited by alexander7567

AxelAxel3

Thanks for your help and all that you do. I would help too but all I know is PHP and basics in js and .net vb.

Edited by alexander7567

Sp3kt3r

I also saw this issue and killing the apps is the only way to get chromecast again.

The apps loose connection with the chomecast as soon as you switch apps while watching something..

Been watching stuff over chromecast tonight. Just updated to latest version and now nothing happens

Nothing happens when?

MadStu

I press the icon to connect to the chromecast and nothing happens. I've tried from phone and tablet, unplugged power to chromecast and rebooted phone and tablet and it just doesn't want to connect

I press the icon to connect to the chromecast and nothing happens. I've tried from phone and tablet, unplugged power to chromecast and rebooted phone and tablet and it just doesn't want to connect

Thanks, will test and put out a fix if needed.