Hiding empty TV series

schmitty
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

CharleyVarrick

No, it did not, but for some reasons, the 2nd Kodi I checked had BOTH empty shows setting off ( must be a default).

Now its performing yet again a lengthy processing updates; 8k items, guess I need to wait it out

I'm making sure the 3rd Kodi has proper settings

Here's a theory for you: Suppose you have 2 or 3 Kodi machines, and one of them is set to not show empty tv shows, could that Kodi affect another Kodi on the network through "talking" with Emby?

Angelblue05

No. The only time anything is sent to Emby is anything done via context menu or playback. There's no communicating to Emby without user interaction.

Settings are individual to the setup. The kodi setting defaults to disabled. Same with sync empty shows. Usually, people don't want to see their empty shows.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Just checked the 3rd Kodi, that one had the kodi setting disabled, but the emby for kodi setting enabled and it didnt list empty show, I flipped it on and Homeland appeared.

In my case, and probably a few more kodi user as well, I find it useful to have empty shows listed, especially when using "TV Shows Next Aired" addon, because when your favorite tv show new season starts, the addon reminds you.

There must a ton of users that delete episodes as soon as they've watched it, how do they remember to look out for next episode, especially after season hyatus or off season?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

From my perspective, it's just annoying to scroll through the entire show list if there's a lot of empty shows which you know you will never access unless there's new content. I can understand why you'd want the setting to be enabled. What I can do is make a prompt for it during the initial setup. :)

CharleyVarrick

Maybe, but if it was my call, I would leave it enabled by default like its always been before with Kodi (for me anyway) and prompt to hide empty.

And thanks a million for your patient support!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

This is only a temporary solution anyway. I expect this option will eventually become a server controlled setting or at least a profile preference option. Then the add-on setting will be removed completely.

• Like 1

CBers

TL:DR

Is this about having empty TV series in Kodi?

I sync my empty TV shows yo Kodi, but then I normally always watch TV from Next Up, rather than via the library list.

Ignore me if I've stumbled in too late.

CharleyVarrick

Nothing the addon can do about the slowness. It's most likely the server that is slow to return the content from tv-fr. One way to find out is check timestamp in your server log to see the query that's slow.

Sorry, yes your last log was not setup correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I just ran Perform Manual Sync, it zooms thru comparing 99% of my Emby/Kodi library content (approx 15Tb) in just about a minute (between 02:53am and 02:54am), then spent 20 minutes on the smallest library content (TV-fr) a mere 200Gb. The scan was started at 02:53am and ended at 3:11am.

See anything in my server log?

Thanks in advance

server-63614428249.zip

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Tried to look for anything unusual in the emby server log, to no avail (then again I dont really know what to look for.

But... I had a hunch and started yet again Perform Manual Sync, as usual, within a minute it looks like it backing up the internet while it displays "Comparing episodes from: TV-fr..." in the top right progress window.

If I look at the Kodi log while this is happening, its not tv-fr (tv episodes in french) that's being analyzed, its MUSIC.

My music collection is a mere 87Gb for about 16k songs.

Yes, I did include music into Emby, even though I remember overriding a prompt in initial setup that was defaulting not to include music, I wondered why.

There was a 2nd prompt asking if I expect to play this music remotely, I didn't.

Edited by jlr19