Hiding empty TV series

schmitty
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

CharleyVarrick

Sorry, can't find slash on this keyboard

https: paste.ubuntu.com 23449272

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Those 2 EMBY show unexpected (but identical) content when clicked on.

A list of all currently powered-on networked computers. Selecting any point to hard drives/directories.

From before Emby, I would get a list of library folders (movies-eng, movies fr, tv series, etc)

Another thing, since this scan, from homepage ribbon, I go to VIDEOS then FILES, I now see 2 EMBY, + the usual Add Videos...

Both EMBY reveal identical content

Angelblue05

Yes I didn't get a chance to make an announcement about the changes we've made to views. You'll need to run a refresh playlists/nodes to remove the duplicate and repoint your shortcuts if need be. Sorry, I can't help you if you won't provide your Kodi log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

CharleyVarrick

Yes I didn't get a chance to make an announcement about the changes we've made to views. You'll need to run a refresh playlists/nodes to remove the duplicate and repoint your shortcuts if need be.

I ran refresh emby playlists/video nodes, it took a mere second, said the task succeeded, but that too didn't provide expected change

I click on ribbon's Videos/Files I get the 2 Emby, also the add videos...On top if I click the empty line with 2 dots (..) (to go up one level, I do get expected nodes

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

If it makes any difference, I have 3 different computers running Kodi (all 3 connect to the same Emby server), and they both have the same main issue with empty tv shows folders, and same behavior showing dupe Emby in Videos/Files

CharleyVarrick

This morning I added a few current tv episodes to those empty folders, and sure enough, Kodi quickly displayed them.

Later today, I'll be watching those and afterward, managing/deleting, then monitoring if the tv show folder disappear again from Kodi. 

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

Are you sure you don't have the hide empty shows setting enabled? Under Kodi settings > video

CharleyVarrick

From ribbon, System/Settings/Video/Library, "Show empty TV shows" is enabled

From ribbon, Emby shortcut/Settings/Sync Options, "Sync empty TV Shows" is (also) enabled

Questions:

1) those 2 look very similar, are they trying to do the exact same thing?

2) If so, why the redundancy?

3) Are we 100% sure if we have both enabled at the same time, one doesn't cancel out the other?

Angelblue05

Show empty shows is a new Kodi setting. It used to be only an advancedsetting thing.

The addon option does not conflict. It simply won't add any empty shows to your database if the setting is disabled. If it's enabled, then it should automatically behave correctly and add empty shows. If it wasn't enabled and then it was enabled, you need to run a manual sync and it should then create empty shows entry in the Kodi database.

If you ran a manual sync and entries are not showing the please post your Kodi log after doing a manual sync so I can see what's wrong.

Edited by Angelblue05

CharleyVarrick

I already posted my log (post# 26 and 29), but on 2nd thought, I should probably redo it.

I realize now I need to have Debug logging active before running manual sync, then only post it?

Just in case, I'll post a new log (as soon as manual sync finishes, which I expect to take 2-3 hrs

PS: running manual sync, it seems to zoom through all my media sources folder pretty quickly, but everytime its down to scanning this specific TV-fr, progress slows down to a grind

As far as content is concerned, its my smallest folder (27 series/182Gb); There's no empty folders in there.

Empty folders are in TV-eng, which is 380 series/3.1Tb)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Nothing the addon can do about the slowness. It's most likely the server that is slow to return the content from tv-fr. One way to find out is check timestamp in your server log to see the query that's slow.

Sorry, yes your last log was not setup correctly.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I have tested this and it works just fine so no idea why it's not working for you. I enabled the sync empty show in the add-on, ran a manual sync which added the empty show. Made sure Kodi settings > Video > Show empty show was enabled and the empty show shows up under tv shows now.

CharleyVarrick

I have tested this and it works just fine so no idea why it's not working for you

That's the story of my life... :lol:

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

Nothing is being picked as empty shows, so I suspect they are already added to your Kodi database. Can you do a second test, go to your Emby metadata manager and hit save for one show that's missing in Kodi. Wait a minute and provide that kodi log, thanks.

Heh, don't worry, we'll figure it out. It's just a matter of finding where the issue lies.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok as suspected it exists in your database already. Are you using native or add-on playback? Something must be messed up in the structure somewhere. Do you think you could follow this and pm me the zip (you can delete the addon_data folder which contains your add-on settings)? I only need the database files.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Create-and-restore-from-backup

Edit: Regardless I think the only way to fix it, if I'm right, will be to do a reset of your local database. Something somewhere went wrong and with your database files, I could fix it so it doesn't happen again in the future.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Addon settings > sync option

Something must be messed up in the structure somewhere. Do you think you could follow this and pm me the zip (you can delete the addon_data folder which contains your add-on settings)? I only need the database files.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Create-and-restore-from-backup

Edit: Regardless I think the only way to fix it, if I'm right, will be to do a reset of your local database. Something somewhere went wrong and with your database files, I could see what went wrong and fix it so it doesn't happen again in the future.

Edited by Angelblue05

CharleyVarrick

database (without addon_data) is 104mb, compressed to zip comes down to 36mb, way over 10mb limit

I do not use Dropbox but I'm using google drive if it helps

Edit: I just PM'ed you the link

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

You know what, that show I saved (Homeland) NOW shows up in kodi even though its empty :)

Considering the above, plus the fact Kodi is a total clean install 48hrs (including deleted the humongous c/user/johndoe/appdata/roaming/kodi folder that had a gazzillion files in it)

do you still recommend resetting local database? 

I have 3 pc running Kodi, do I need to perform db reset on all 3?

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

When you did the save in the metadata manager, did it appear on all 3? If so, just do that then. Way simpler :) Make sure the settings are correct for each device.

• Like 1