Hiding empty TV series

schmitty
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

schmitty

Hello,

I have a few TV series I've added to my library, but at the moment, have no media in them. Is there a way to hide these items in the library until I have media to put into them, or am I best to just delete them until I have the media?

CBers

Place a .ignore file in folder

You'd need to remember to remove that though once it starts populating and you want to see what's there.

• Like 1

schmitty

Place a .ignore file in folder

Is this just a blank text document?

new.ignore?

• Solution
FrostByte

No, the whole file name is ".ignore" with just the extension.  Windows won't let you do it using file explorer though.  Start Notepad, Save As, change type to *.*, and then change file to ".ignore" before clicking save.  After you create one you can just copy it to other folders

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Excluding-files-&-folders

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

+1 for this - looking to implement the same functionality from the kodi advanced user settings. if there are no episodes in a folder no sense in having it displayed in the emby interface. 

<hideemptyseries>false</hideemptyseries>  <!-- set to "true" to hide empty series in the video library and prevent empty series from being removed during a library cleanup. -->

• 1 year later...

+1

I delete TV series episodes after watching them for lack of space, but I keep the folder so that Sonarr keeps downloading new episodes and seasons. Plex handles this by not displaying empty series, which I think is the optimal behavior.

b0dyr0ck2006

Oddly I've been seeing .ignore files pop up recently and wondered what they were. I'm on dev build so perhaps it's a feature in the making

• 1 month later...
CharleyVarrick

Hi,

I'm a noob Emby user (last 2 days), but I LOVE what it manage to do for me. I used to run 2 independent instances of Kodi, on my workhorse pc and on my HTPC. Oh, the time I wasted tinkering, and having to redo everything twice...

Like RDMuser, I delete some tv shows as soon as they're watched. But I notice 2 drawbacks with those:

1) Kodi is not listing those empty folders anymore, neither at library nor video file level.

2) I am using an add-on called "TV show Next Aired" and this guy too is not listing those shows, probably because it's not finding them within Kodi.

Emby does list the empty tv show, but without content, obviously.

BTW, I am aware of the Kodi setting "Show empty TV Shows" but whether it's on or off does't make any difference.

I've searched everywhere on Emby side for a similar setting (in vain), and googling it brought me over to this thread.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You have to turn on the setting to show empty shows, then launch the emby for kodi addon > run a manual sync. This will add them to your kodi library

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharleyVarrick

OK, i'm slightly confused...

1) setting to show empty shows: I was refering to System/ Settings/ Videos/ Library: Show empty TV Shows

2) just discovered a similar options elsewhere: System/ Settings/ Add-ons/ My Add-ons/ Video Add-ons/Emby: Configure/Sync Options: Sync empty TV Shows

Should those 2 be enabled simultaneously (hopefully one not cancelling the other)?

Not sure what you mean by "launch the emby for kodi addon > run a manual sync"

CharleyVarrick

Sorry, just found "run manual sync", but at the moment, Kodi was already processing update on nearly 9000 items

Angelblue05

Ok, no you'll have to wait. But it should be quick to run it next time (it only processes item that were changed)

Only the one within the addon settings is necessary. Hide empty show is new (kodi setting) is new as it used to be in advancedsettings only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

CharleyVarrick

Just in case, I disabled it in Kodi, enabled it within Emby, waited until processing updates was finished, when I click run manual sync, it flashes for a split sec, but I still dont see my empty series though

I then re-checked update library on startup, exit kodi and restart it, still no joy

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Yes, and after posting, I retried multiple times and at last it seemed to worked (was seeing a message comparing movies to...)

I went back 15 mins later and its back to processing updates for 6k items...

I do see a box in lower right corner that says Working with a spinning thing

I'm gonna let it finish whatever its doing and check back later

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Got a message that manual sync completed in 3 hours and change...

Unfortunately, none of the empty tv shows appeared :(

Another thing, since this scan, from homepage ribbon, I go to VIDEOS then FILES, I now see 2 EMBY, + the usual Add Videos...

Both EMBY reveal identical content

Edited by jlr19

I rather not have to create ignore files and putting it in the folder wouldn't it be easier for emby to have a setting to ignore empty series for us that want them ignored.