FireTV App Expired right after install

jastorino

jastorino

I just learned about emby on Friday, so I installed the server and configured it to point to my media library.

I then installed the FireTV app, and when I tried to play any of my media it tells me I need to unlock the app before I can play anything, but in reading about emby, it looks like I should be able to use it for 2 weeks before I need to buy it.  I simply want to test it before buying it to make sure it meets all my needs.

Is there somethiing I need to do to get the 2 week trial period?

Also, I noticed that when I launch the app on my FireTV, it takes quite a while before my media loads.

Thanks for your help.

Does the media not play?  When in trial mode, it will give you a message at each playback.

If you go into the settings page, what does it say on the bottom right of the screen?

jastorino

The media does not play.

In the settings page, at the bottom right it says "Expired"

Thanks

And you are 100% sure Emby (or Media Browser) was never installed on this system before a couple days ago?

jastorino

100% sure.  I have only just heard of Emby on Friday.  

Also, I installed it on my FireTV Stick to see if it would work there and it says the same thing there.

Yeah, the trial is tracked by the server not the app.

Do this for me.  Go into %appdata%\Emby-Server\data and find the device.txt file and PM it to me.  Thx.

Chaosuk

Hi guys, this exact same issue is happening for me.

However, I downloaded a Qnap port of the server app, is it possible its the server app that thinks the trial has expired? As it's not a direct download from the site its repackaged version. So it's obviously been installed somewhere to package it.

I would like to get my trial to see if the product works to my liking. Looks very good so far, just can't watch anything  :)

Thanks