Kodi playback stuttering

CBers

CBers

Playback is stuttering a lot on 1.0.03, even after the force refresh.

I get audio, but what looks like slow motion video.

It's late here in the UK, so will try again tomorrow and try and get logs etc.

It may be the item that is the problem, but I had a load of stuttering of a video last night, to a point where it was unwatchable.

I captured the kodi.log this morning when playing the same item again, but it may be the codec (HEVC) within the item.

The media info details are:

Capture1064.jpg

Any thoughts please ??

xnappo

Have you tried playing the file back not going in through Emby?  From what I can tell my guess is it will stutter that way too because it is definitely direct playing.  I agree it is likely the Codec - you are using ARM devices right? (Nexus/FireTV)  If so - look for help on the Kodi forums.

xnappo

I looked briefly myself, and HEVC is h.265 - that is only supported by software decode in Kodi right now - that is almost certainly the issue.  H.265 is going to be like H.264 was - for a year or so it will be software decode only until the chip manufacturers get their hardware/drivers supporting it.

Deihmos

It is best to stay away from HVEC at the moment.The cpu have to be hitting 100% playing that video.

Edited by Deihmos

CBers

Have you tried playing the file back not going in through Emby?  From what I can tell my guess is it will stutter that way too because it is definitely direct playing.  I agree it is likely the Codec - you are using ARM devices right? (Nexus/FireTV)  If so - look for help on the Kodi forums.

I looked briefly myself, and HEVC is h.265 - that is only supported by software decode in Kodi right now - that is almost certainly the issue.  H.265 is going to be like H.264 was - for a year or so it will be software decode only until the chip manufacturers get their hardware/drivers supporting it.

It is best to stay away from HVEC at the moment.The cpu have to be hitting 100% playing that video.

:D  That was a much more direct way of saying it.

Correct, neither will play HEVC/H265 codecs at the moment.

FTV is ARM processor and NP is Intel Atom processor.

I even tried ISENGARD but that had problems also on the same devices.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by CBers