sync

Jasoon

Jasoon

Anyone know how to get items to sync to android?

Ive selected them to sync and there converted but when i have a look back, it just says ready to transfer.

How do i get them to transfer??

mbc0

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have the same question and a couple of others...

1, As Jasson asks how do you start the transfer? If I press sync under accounts on my Android device the sync icons flashes up for a split second and then nothing happens

2, one series DID transfer (don't know what triggered it) but if I am in an area with no data connection how do I watch it? the emby app will not start without an internet connection?

3, where exactly does the synced file go on the android device? and it this customizable as I have a large SD card in my phone.

4, Will this content automatically sync even if on 3G when I am out an about or does it require a WiFi signal?

5, Finally, After I have watched synced content on my mobile device, how do I remove it?

Many Thanks

Edited by mbc0

thefirstofthe300

1. The Emby app uses a background sync task that fires every hour(?) and will transfer content. Right now, the app doesn't have an interface to show when that happens. According to Luke, it is going to happen though.

2. Offline sync is in the works still.

3. The synced content goes to $HOME/emby/sync. As of right now, I the location of the content is not configurable. Again, I am sure Luke is going to get it done.

4. To remove synced content from the device, remove it in the sync settings server dashboard and wait for the background task to run.

Just a note. If you wish to run the sync task manually, got to your device settings Accounts->Emby and in the options dropdown select sync now.

mbc0

Many thanks for your kind reply, 

1, I guess mine is broke then? everything just sits at ready to transfer and doesn't actually do anything, if I press the sync button under accounts on my Nexus 7 the sync icon flashes up but nothing actually happens

2, Thank you, I will wait for this to happen :-)

3, Thanks again, at least I know where it goes but until I can specify my SD Card I will run out of space very quickly :-(

4, This is the answer to 5 so do you know if the device will automatically sync over 3G (My data usage will run out very quickly if it does!) 

5, Answered in 4 Thank you

• 2 years later...

@@Jasoon

@@mbc0

@@thefirstofthe300

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

• Like 1