App won't log onto server

BrettM

ok, can you try this using the chrome browser and visiting 

http://app.emby.media

Before logging in, open the browser console by right clicking -> inspect, then go through the login process. then can you capture the console output and attach it here? thanks.

• Like 1

Blueeyiz702

ok, can you try this using the chrome browser and visiting 

http://app.emby.media

Before logging in, open the browser console by right clicking -> inspect, then go through the login process. then can you capture the console output and attach it here? thanks.

Here is the log .   http://pastebin.com/9XS3wHXQ

Blueeyiz702

well that can't be all. can you describe what you did? thanks.

I did exactly as your instruction,ill do again. ok,this is the full log this time. http://pastebin.com/vJsXWm2r

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Blueeyiz702

Thanks.

Luke,the reason im not able to access the app remotely is i use P.I.A as my vpn. I can't use port 8096 in pia because its already in use. so here is the problem

when you connect the machine through VPN you are creating a private tunnel.  All traffic at that point is directed through the tunnel thus preventing any non private traffic from connecting. In short it's working exactly like it should.

And since i use torrents over VPN which typically uses random and rotating ports for connections,I'm stuck with having to leave the VPN down in order to access your machine remotely. So i'm just going to get a pia compatable router that lets me host my own vpn to use when i'm out and about and wanna use emby mobile. But,duh i should of known this,thats why i us pia,there awesome.

Blueeyiz702

This issue i'm having logging in to emby on phone,is like grrrrr. I tried everything short of throwing phone off the wall,and it still will not let me sign in.

It keeps telling me,server not running. . just like in picture below.

57a3b5c04008c_Screenshot_20160804143340.

Well this speaks to connectivity and not an Emby problem. If you can't connect via manual address entry then that means it has nothing to do with Emby Connect.

Blueeyiz702

@ Luke i'm still not able to connect to emby thru the mobile app on my phone,and i got a new router. my question is,i have a option to application forward my vpn. I have 2 options shiva vpn and ssl vpn. would the second choice open the vpn so i can connect? I've tried every address,and Luke when i sent invite for emby connect it never went thru to my email address?

Edited by blueeyiz7021

@ Luke i'm still not able to connect to emby thru the mobile app on my phone,and i got a new router. my question is,i have a option to application forward my vpn. I have 2 options shiva vpn and ssl vpn. would the second choice open the vpn so i can connect? I've tried every address,and Luke when i sent invite for emby connect it never went thru to my email address?

Did you read the post above? You should get the above squared away before trying to use Emby Connect.

Blueeyiz702

Did you read the post above? You should get the above squared away before trying to use Emby Connect

Any ideas where i might start?

This is purely a connectivity issue from point a to point b. When you try to connect to an address manually, Emby Connect is not involved. i would simplify by turning off all vpn services and then once things are working, try to put those things back on.

Blueeyiz702

This is purely a connectivity issue from point a to point b. When you try to connect to an address manually, Emby Connect is not involved. i would simplify by turning off all vpn services and then once things are working, try to put those things back on.

I'll try that and see what happens,thanks for the help,

Blueeyiz702

I'm not sure if you've tried this. I will try to give precise instructions:

1. Open a web browser on your MOBILE device, for example Chrome.

2. Enter "app.emby.media" in the address field. Without the " " of course.

3. If asked for username and password, enter them as you would on your computer.

4. Does your server appear there? Can you select it and get in?

Yes my server shows,but it only lets me connect to it if i'm on wifi. any idea on how i connect without wifi.?

• 1 year later...

Android app absoloutley will not connect to server

Hi there, can you please provide a little more information? How are you trying to connect? Thanks.

Hi, sorry if I seemed short......in the process of migrating away from Plex for a very similar issue, so frustration abounds !! Appreciate the work Devs put in. So firstly, relatively new to Emby...but appears similar to Plex. Installed android app on Samsung S7 Edge. All good but app will NOT connect to server no matter what. have read through the posts and attempted the fixes, checked firewall and dropped VPN etc....android app still discovers server but will not connect, throwing error message. Possible dumb question. As I am still checking out Emby I don't yet have a premier pass. Is this a requirement for the Android app to connect with home server?

Possible dumb question. As I am still checking out Emby I don't yet have a premier pass. Is this a requirement for the Android app to connect with home server?

No.

throwing error message. 

And, exactly what does that error message say?

If you step through the Connection troubleshooter steps - which step fails?

The error message states that it is unable to connect to the server at this time etc....make sure that the server is up etc...

The server is up. I attempted to manually input the IP etc  that did not work.

It sounds like you simply haven't enabled the network communications for your server properly.  This is different in everyone's environment.

If you step through the Connection troubleshooter steps - which step fails?