Wrong DLNA URL for One Channel

tigrao
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

tigrao

There's one channel in my WMC setup where ServerWMC always returns the wrong DLNA url.  I don't know if it is a problem with Emby or with ServerWMC.  When I request channel 576 in my lineup ServerWMC returns a url for channel 464.  My HDHomeRun Prime returns a 404 error because channel 464 doesn't exist.  Is Emby somehow generating an erroneous request for channel 464 or is ServerWMC getting the proper request for channel 576 and erroneously returning the url for channel 464?

I've attached the relevant parts of the logs.

Hopefully someone else has seen this before and knows what's going on.

ServerWMC.log

transcode-d4c9eb63-b4e5-4520-8bd6-6e29c8507593.txt

server-63568983234.txt

Edited by tigrao

krustyreturns

Yeah, someone has seen this before.  I happens in the wmc channel config, why it happens I actually can't recall, but we put in an swmc config workaround for it rather than trying to sort it out in wmc.  Edit the settings file of serverwmc (see debug tab), search for RemapChannelNumberDLNA.  Change its line to:

<RemapChannelNumberDLNA>464,576</RemapChannelNumberDLNA>

save the file and restart serverwmc.  That should fix it.

tigrao

I was hopeful that this change would fix my problem, but it didn't change anything.  I have restarted ServerWMC, restarted the computer several times, etc.  It still returns a DLNA url for channel 464.  Do I have the syntax wrong in the config.xml file? 

<IgnoreMergedChannelWithDifferentNumber>false</IgnoreMergedChannelWithDifferentNumber>
  <UsePrimaryChannelNumberDLNA>true</UsePrimaryChannelNumberDLNA>
  <RemapChannelNumberDLNA>464,576</RemapChannelNumberDLNA>
  <sepL>------------------------- LiveTV --------------------------------------</sepL> 

config.xml

• Solution
krustyreturns

Sorry, my mistake.  The line should be:

<RemapChannelNumberDLNA>464--576</RemapChannelNumberDLNA>

the '--' are used to set off a remapped pair, and commas are used to delimit between multiple pairs (if there are any).

• Like 1

tigrao

Sorry, my mistake.  The line should be:

<RemapChannelNumberDLNA>464--576</RemapChannelNumberDLNA>

the '--' are used to set off a remapped pair, and commas are used to delimit between multiple pairs (if there are any).

That seems to have fixed it.  Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ronkuba

I have three network channels that are map wrong. The channels are 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 I tried the above remap method but doesn't seem to do anything. Do I have to do anything special with the channels that have a dot in them? I use OS X with Kodi for my clients is there a file in Kodi or OS X that I can just delete to remap all the channels? Thanks for your help

krustyreturns

The decimal  point should not cause a problem.  This fix only applies to tuners that do dlna, is that what you have?  Feel free to post the serverwmc log and I'll take a look.

Ronkuba

I am using dnla. I got it to work but I not sure it's what I need. For some reason on both of my clients those three channels are looking up the wrong url. The other channels tune in fine. Hdhomerun app in Kodi can tune the channel in fine on both clients and the separate hdhomerun view app for OS X can as well. Here is the error I get when tuning to the channel in Kodi ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.wmc_764938.pvr]. Then it give me the url and it the wrong one. So I know that's the problem. Thanks for your help. Will post complete log when I get home if needed.

krustyreturns

send me the serverwmc log after you try to start a live stream on one of these channels

Ronkuba

Well it just started to working again. Not sure why? Nothing change. Thanks for your help

Edited by Ronkuba

• 6 months later...
sluggo45

I know this is an older thread, but just wanted to post that I had the same problem (channel 31.2 was being sent as 30 via DNLA) and I was able to fix it by following the remap instructions here - thanks!

Note - in case this helps with a more permanent fix:

The reason this problem happened for me on this channel is because I mapped the guide listing in WMC to a different source, because WMC wouldn't populate EPG data for the channel (but did have EPG data for the channel on a different listing). It's easy to and got me the correct guide data.

However with the listing remapped the channel didn't stream over DNLA because the wrong id was sent. When I un-mapped the listing to test it started working again. Note that I didn't change the actual channel number/frequency, just the listing. 

Remapping it via the config works but it looks like for DNLA pvr.wmc is grabbing something extra if the listing is remapped in WMC?

• Like 1