Watched status resets

Wheemer

Wheemer

My watched status is still resetting a lot. I have three users and I has thought that the problem was isolated to just one of them, however I've now been told that the problem exists on all users.

Not only does it reset to not watched, but many times if I stop a video, it fails to start back where it left off.

This is extremely annoying and I'm not sure how this can be the hard to implement.

I am honestly rethinking my switch to Emby as keeping track of multiple users was my sole goal.

When I had mysql setup it always worked perfect for watched status and resume.

Angelblue05

In Emby > Metadata > nfo Are you saving your watched status to nfo for one user specifically? If so, leave it blank instead. This is what's probably causing your issue. Emby server reads nfo and will set the watch status according to it.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Wheemer

OK awesome, I have clear that field for my main user.

How do you get into the settings area when logging in as a different user, it's just showing the library.

Angelblue05

You can't access settings unless it's an admin user. It's one setting for all the users.. so you only need to clear it with your admin account and it should stop resetting your watch status.

Wheemer

Thanks a lot Angel, I will post back after a few days to confirm the issue is resolved.

• Like 1

Wheemer

In Metadata > servers I have both NFO and emby xml selected. Is this proper? I don't really think I am using the NFO now that I'm using Emby... not sure though.