TV Lineup Choices

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Erik,

Erik

Hello,

Using a HDhomerun (HDHR4) and have installed the EmbyTV plugin and entered my Schedules Direct User/Password. However, when I try and select a TV Lineup (on the SD website I have my Over-the-air lineup added) the only choices I get are for different satellite providers.

So I believe my issue is that the EmbyTV plugin is using the zip code in the plugin (not the information I entered on the SD website) to download the TV Lineup data. However, I am in Canada so I don't have a zip code (5digit), we have a postal code (6 letter/number combo). So does it seems that it will not fetch any guides for Canadian locations.

I tested several US zip codes and see the TV Lineups change, but as soon as I go to a postal code, the incorrect TV Lineups are shown.

Thanks, Didn't think this needed logs, but let me know if you need more info.
Erik

Edited by Erik

• Solution
Erik

For anyone else needing to enter the LineupID into the EmbyTV configuration file manually this is the code below:

File Location:

Username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations\EmbyTV.xml

And Change the A1A2B2 to your postal code. (this is for OTA lineups)

Note: For the USA it would be USA-OTA-YourZipCode

<lineup>
    <Name>Antenna</Name>
    <Id>CAN-OTA-A1A2B2</Id>
  </lineup>

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
DevDog

Hello,

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be awesome.

I know from the web gui we are unable to select listing from outside the USA, but using the EmbyTV.xml config file is this possible for Cable lineups, If so would you happen to know how the <Id> parameters are identified.

Is this just the Schedules Direct name for the listing. Ie)  Shaw Direct - Digital from the example below, or is this the Numerical id "5986"?

Postal Code Location Name Type   A#A #A# Canada (East) Advanced, CA Shaw Direct - Digital Satellite

Thanks

Devin  

Erik

Hi Devon,

I believe what you would put in would be:

CAN-0005986-X

For future reference for Canadian listing these are the formats I used:

The format for the OTA Is:

CAN-OTA-A#A#A#

(Where A#A#A# is your postal code)

And for any others:

CAN-000####-X

(Where #### is the numerical ID)

DevDog

Thanks Erik, 

But it still did not work 

This is the error i get 

2015-08-08 20:05:15.8002 Info - App: Refresh Guide Completed after 0 minute(s) and 2 seconds
2015-08-08 20:05:15.8002 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-08-08 20:05:19.3910 Info - App: Executing Refresh Guide
2015-08-08 20:05:19.4066 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.25.135/
2015-08-08 20:05:19.4066 Info - EmbyTV: Start GetChannels Async, retrieve all channels for HDHR3-CC-*******
2015-08-08 20:05:19.4066 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.25.135/lineup.json
2015-08-08 20:05:19.4222 Info - EmbyTV: Found 278channels on host: 192.168.25.135
2015-08-08 20:05:19.4222 Info - EmbyTV: Only Favorites?False
2015-08-08 20:05:19.4222 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token
2015-08-08 20:05:19.7966 Info - EmbyTV: Authenticated with Schedules Direct token: <apiremoved>
2015-08-08 20:05:19.7966 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/CAN-0006010-X
2015-08-08 20:05:19.8746 Error - App: Error getting response from https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/lineups/CAN-0006010-X
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5675.1
Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-08-08 20:05:19.8746 Error - App: Error refreshing channels for service
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5675.1
Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at EmbyTV.EPGProvider.SchedulesDirect.<getChannelInfo>d__12.MoveNext()
  at EmbyTV.LiveTvService.<GetChannelsAsync>d__2b.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetChannels>d__f4.MoveNext()
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<RefreshChannelsInternal>d__cb.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<RefreshChannelsInternal>d__bd.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-08-08 20:05:20.7482 Info - App: Refresh Guide Completed after 0 minute(s) and 1 seconds
2015-08-08 20:05:20.7482 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded
2015-08-08 20:05:21.4502 Info - App: Executing Refresh Guide
2015-08-08 20:05:21.4658 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.25.135/
2015-08-08 20:05:21.4658 Info - EmbyTV: Start GetChannels Async, retrieve all channels for HDHR3-CC-********
2015-08-08 20:05:21.4658 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.25.135/lineup.json
2015-08-08 20:05:21.4814 Info - EmbyTV: Found 278channels on host: 192.168.25.135
2015-08-08 20:05:21.4814 Info - EmbyTV: Only Favorites?False
2015-08-08 20:05:21.4814 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token
2015-08-08 20:05:21.5438 Error - App: Error getting response from https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token

Erik

@@rkulagow may be able to check on the schedules direct side what is causing the error. He helped me fix a lineup issue a while back. He can confirm the ID format too. I only use the OTA now so I can't test it sorry.

• Like 1

rkulagow

The first thing that you'll need to remember is that the Schedules Direct website doesn't have anything to do with the JSON data. While the JSON service uses your account information for authentication, all the lineup stuff is done from the client. (The lineup add/drop for JSON is still being added to the site). Adding lineups on the website right now only adds them to the XML service, and you're not using that.

Therefore, the first thing you need to do is to use the built-in Emby client functionality to add the lineup to your JSON account. That's how the server knows which lineup you want, and which stations are in your lineup. Editing a configuration file on Emby (that doesn't actually send the proper "add lineup" commands to the server) is probably what's causing the Emby client to crash.

@@DevDog, right now you have added USA-DITV-DEFAULT and USA-4DTV-DEFAULT. Those are national satellite lineups, your account doesn't have CAN-0006010-X in it. I'm not sure what the Emby process is to add lineups, but right now you've got two that you probably don't actually need.

• Like 1

rkulagow

[i work for Schedules Direct]

Correct; you can use the "mfdb-json" proof-of-concept code, specifically the sd-utility.php script, to perform the "add lineup" functionality. While originally written for MythTV, the code is generic enough that you should be able to at least perform the "add". Once that's done, if there are no other "Only U.S. and Canada" assumptions in the EmbyTV grabber it should work.