CoverArt treatment problem

schmitty
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

schmitty

Hello,

I have spent several hours scratching my head with this one...

My library is showing TV series is set to use the 'Case' treatment. However, it is showing TV SERIES in the actual treatment, instead of DVD or codec, like I thought was supposed to happen. I have even tried setting a custom treatment to show DVD as DVD and also, MPEG as DVD. This is not happening. Am I missing something? I have gone through the CoverArt walkthrough several times, and am officially stumped.

Any suggestions?

A TV Series is not media so it cannot have a format...  It contains media that can be of multiple formats.

However, CA can still be configured to do what you wish:

55719323c0bda_seriesdvd.png

55719332661e9_seriesdvd2.png

schmitty

Ahh, ok. Some of my series are from DVD's, some are downloaded, in various formats. How would I go about treating a specific series or season as DVD, or does it have to be a blanket treatment?

• Solution

For actual media types there is a field in the metadata called "Treat Image As" but it isn't there for something like a TV Series.  So, the only way you could accomplish that would be to physically separate the different types in your file system and then create profiles for each area in CoverArt.

\\server\tv\dvds\...

\\server\tv\mkvs\...

Then define a Media folder of type "TV" with those media locations.

Then define profiles for CA for each of those locations with the appropriate settings.

• Like 1

schmitty

I have done what you suggested, and the library now shows up correctly. However, when I go to the Xbox One and go to watch a specific season, it doesn't show up in the library. I have refreshed the library, and restarted the server. It was showing up and playing fine before I made the changes. Have I missed something?

Something probably isn't structured quite right after you did all the physical re-organization.  Double-check that.  Then use the web client to test that everything shows where it should.

schmitty

I was having a moment of blindness. It wasn't appearing where I thought it should be.