Samsung TV Browser

damian

damian

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the built in Samsung web browser to view emby? I have tried it and the navigation and menus are flawless and music playback is perfect. I can't get video to play though probably a limitation of the tv browser. I did notice if I play around I can get video to play on it for 4 or 5 seconds. Using a usb keyboard and mouse like the Logitech k400 navigation is really nice. Does anyone have a fix or solution to get video to playback in the tv browser? Or is it just working for anyone else?

Hi,

Sorry, but this is not the right place for your question. This section is for Samsung client.

DaN

It is ok. It relates to Samsung and Emby. Every question is a good question :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Got to admit I've never tried Emby through the browser on my Samsung, probably because I don't have a mouse or keyboard hooked up to it and the remote is a pita to use for browsing.  Plus the Emby app is pretty good.  I've used the built in app also, though that isn't very pleasing to the eye (sort of like like using file manager on your tv). 

In the users guide for your tv there should be a page on what file formats your tv supports.  Both apps are meant to play what's in the list so if it's listed then I would think the web page could play it also unless the browser is too limited. 

Just curious why you don't use the Emby app.  Do you have a newer tizen tv which the app doesn't support?

I'll give the browser a try today and see what it does.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Just tried it through the browser on tv and I'm seeing the same thing you are.  The new popups everyone is complaining about work too which is cool when you use the silly remote to browse.  Everything seems to work until you hit play. Then it just sits there.  This happens for all media types I've tried including movies and music.  I'm only guessing it's more of a limitation of the Safari 535.20 browser than the tv itself though because these files play just fine using both the Emby app and Samsung's app.  Unless there is some sort of setting that needs to change that I'm not seeing.

http://pastebin.com/nTRfKN7V

• Like 1

radeon

Just gave this a go on my TV and it all worked perfectly. Tried it with my baby 22" which I think is a H series and my new beast of a 65" JS series. Bit off topic but i wonder if the smart tv's could acquire the webview like the Android app just has? :-/ That would be cool!

FrostByte

Have you tried the browser on your tv at all?  I know on my F series the web pages display correctly, but none of my media plays from the browser app when you click "play".  Just curious if it works on the newer tvs.

radeon

Have you tried the browser on your tv at all?  I know on my F series the web pages display correctly, but none of my media plays from the browser app when you click "play".  Just curious if it works on the newer tvs.

is this directed at me? that's what I meant when I said I'd given it a go. but yeah, worked perfectly. playback and all. would just be awesome if the navigation worked a little better. remote pointer works without issue, just not very enjoyable to surf using a pointer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
FrostByte

The Samsung web app no longer loads the Emby page for me either.  I've seen similar posts for other smart tvs, phones, etc that use Safari with the same issue.  Most likely a change in the server as it's across several apps.