Chromecast Playback Studders

Slinkkay

Slinkkay

Question about Chromecast. I just installed the server on my Windows machine last night to test out the features. So far all non-chromecast related features are working. Streaming to Android Devices, Web Client, etc. I can get Chromecast playback to start but with a MKV DVD rip of a movie the playback starts to studder massively. Sometimes the audio will keep playing with the video just freezing on a screen and catching up for peroids of time.

I can tell from the server dashboard that it's not an encoding problem as it seems that the encoding process is way ahead of it's current point in the movie. My initial thought was that it was a chromecast connection issue. But I've been able to play 1080p video though Plex and Youtube on this Chromecast without any issues. 

Could someone offer some additional ideas to debug this or perhaps a setting I don't know?

CBers

How are you casting playback to the Chromecast, via the web client, or the Android app ??

Have you tried lowering the Chromecast bitrate ??

Slinkkay

I've tried casting via the web client and the Android App. Both seem to show the same studder.

Is there a way I can lower the Chromecast bitrate specficially? Right now I just saw an all remote clients limit. I saw that I can set the maxium rate when streaming to the Android Device itself but I don't think I saw the same option when I was casting to the Chromecast. If you could point that out I would love to test it out. 

CBers

Looks like the option to change the Chromecast BitRate on the Android app has been removed.

Not sure where the setting is now.

I've tried casting via the web client and the Android App. Both seem to show the same studder.

Is there a way I can lower the Chromecast bitrate specficially? Right now I just saw an all remote clients limit. I saw that I can set the maxium rate when streaming to the Android Device itself but I don't think I saw the same option when I was casting to the Chromecast. If you could point that out I would love to test it out. 

in the web client it is under user preferences -> app settings

• Like 1

Slinkkay

So it doesn't seem to be the Chromecast but rather the source files. When casting Blue Ray rips of Big Hero 6 or Wreck it Ralph the Chromecast will stop only when the encoded video runs out. However on DVD rips the video studders while the audio keeps playing. Any suggestions?

Slinkkay

Codec Information from VLC. The DVD is ripped using MakeMKV

VwAwYLm.png

Edited by Slinkkay