Video Backdrops now supported in Kodi

im85288

JDizzy

For what it's worth....

With Emby Theater, the video backdrops do not play until you actually select the movie. You are then taken to another 'show info' screen with movie description, play/resume button,cast, trailer button....etc.

In Kodi there are configurable options as to what selecting a movie will do such as play, show info, etc.

As it is, or seems now... as you scroll through your movie list, the video themes start, and moving through your list continues to trigger the starting of a new theme making it seem very erratic or jumpy... at least to me.

Would it be possible to set this up similar to Emby Theater to where you actually select the movie, are taken to the info screen, and that is where the video theme starts. Exiting back to the movie list would cause the theme to stop.

Also, in experimenting with several different views for my movie list, it seems some work better than others as far as triggering the themes.

Or, I could be imagining that.

Angelblue05

In TV Tunes - you can disable Play theme while browsing. This way themes will only start when you actually select the content. Then in Kodi settings > Video > File list > Default action - Show info. This should accomplish a similar result, I believe. :)

• Like 1

JDizzy

In TV Tunes - you can disable Play theme while browsing. This way themes will only start when you actually select the content. Then in Kodi settings > Video > File list > Default action - Show info. This should accomplish a similar result, I believe. :)

You are correct.... but one thing, it seems the video doesn't seem to show... audio plays but static backdrop (fanart) is still there.

I have Show Now Playing Video In Background check marked but doesn't seem to work. (or at least for me)

I am using Big Icon view. If we can get this working it would be awesome!

JDizzy

Because video backdrop is a brand new feature of TV Tunes, it's not tested much. What I suggest is to ask here, and they will see what can be done: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214287&page=14 :)

I'll leave a post over there....

As it stands, when selecting a movie, it opens a show info screen, the video theme begins to play, it works well... In my case though, the video is behind the fanart on show info screen. I'll ask and see if there is something that needs to be changed on the TV Tune addon.

Thanks

im85288

No it's nothing to do with the TV tunes addon. It's down to the skin. In this case it's my mod! So I'll keep it in mind for the info screen

• Like 1

im85288

With the upcoming version of TvTunes (5.0.2 onwards) there is now an option to decide if you want to show only theme videos, or a mixture of videos and music. The default is to show a mixture so be sure to change the setting if needed.

This will require a minimum version of 1.0.14 of the emby addon.

• Like 1