folder images inconsistant

skynet600

skynet600

Within the movies view all folder images are the same size regardless of actual size.  However within Genre view the image is true to its actual size.  It goes without saying it is not always possible to have the same image sizes so why the different behaviour and wouldn't it be possible to have the same resize possibilities in Genre view to?

This is true for web apps only.

Note 12 Disasters.

556f82c39bd06_12.jpg

556f82d84200b_12_2.jpg

we do adjust the images to try and make them uniform, but only up to a point. that example is not close enough to allow us to safely expand the image. it will make other users unhappy. we've been there and done that.

Deathsquirrel

It's absolutely possible to have consistent ratioed posters.  Get an image editor.  There are free ones.

skynet600

we do adjust the images to try and make them uniform, but only up to a point. that example is not close enough to allow us to safely expand the image. it will make other users unhappy. we've been there and done that.

Ok thanks.  What is deemed "close enough".  I have similar examples where a 1000x1426 (fanart.tv are all this size) is also not aligned.  I try to keep it to 1000x1500 where possible.  Why is only Genre effected by this?  Surely if resize is possible everywhere else it is possible here?

It looks like the card view is able to normalize them but the regular poster view is not.

• Like 1

skynet600

It looks like the card view is able to normalize them but the regular poster view is not.

How are you able to change the view within Genre?  With Safari at least I don't see that option.  I only see item limit not display type option. 

I don't think you can.  That was just a note of what the difference appears to be between the two views.

skynet600

Ah I see.  Well in Movies I tried both poster display types and they both have a normal sized image.