Keep file/folder structure

fastcar

fastcar

Hi There,

I am just trying this out, I am currently using TVmobili.

In TVMobili when I go through the folder list on my TV the list comes up exactly as it is in the folder structure on my hard drive. After installing emby and adding a couple of folders, for example X,Y,W for my movies and then going to my Samsung TV to see how it looks I find that the folder structure has changed, each film in no longer in their folder name but has moved to the referring letter, for example

Yogi Bear Movie, shows up when I go in to the letter Y where I would like it to show as it is stored, Films,Y,Yogi Bear Movie,Yogie Bear Movie.MPG.

What I am trying to say very badly.....lol............is I do not want emby to change file names, or move things about when I add folder to the library, I have things just the way I like them and would like them displayed on my TV like that.

I hope I have made myself clear :)

Thanks

Happy2Play

You need to look at your view options in "My Preferences".

556f44e07fc87_preferences.jpg

fastcar

Just to give you a better idea this is my folder structure I have on my drives and the way I would like to see it on my TV

556f4902b444f_20150603_193436.png

Happy2Play

What server version are you on?  Unless you didn't capture it in your screenshots there is a "View Style" section or "Display a folder view to show plain media folders" right above the Styles options.

556f4b932a224_ViewStyles.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Deathsquirrel

I'm not certain how well the server will parse your existing structure.  It is definitely not the recommended structure.

If you want to play with Emby to get a feel for it without messing with your current structure you may want to make a copy of a few movies, set them up as suggested in the WIKI at https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming, and point your library at that.

Of course it could work perfectly.  The product is pretty flexible in it's support for less common file structures.

Cerothen

I have a similar folder structure however you can get it to pick things up well if you add the folder like in the image.

post-9276-0-85869300-1433386879_thumb.png

fastcar

What server version are you on?  Unless you didn't capture it in your screenshots there is a "View Style" section or "Display a folder view to show plain media folders" right above the Styles options.

556f4b932a224_ViewStyles.jpg

I don't seem to have that option as per my image posted, I am using Version 3.0.5621.4 on a Windows 8.1 PC. I might not have that option because I have changed some settings in the dashboard to try and get it to display as I want.

Thanks for the help guys

Edit...Just a thought, I have also added the files as "Home Videos" not movies so I don't know if that has any effect on the display, I tried "Movies" also but still wont display as I would like it to.

Edited by fastcar

• 1 year later...
cab2344

i know this topic is old, but it has been bothering me for a while and i found out my problem.  My movies would show the same folder structure/box sets, but on my phone or through kodi addon it would separate my movies and episodes into separate files.  By CHANGING content type from movies to unset (mixed content) it fixed it.  You cannot change the folder, but have to add a new folder and then delete the old one.  Hope it helps for anyone in the future.