beta vs stable repo

kolbasz

Angelblue05

It is very simple. It works the same way as the Emby server where you have stable release and beta release.

The stable version of Emby for Kodi is currently 1.0.0.

The beta version of Emby for Kodi is currently 1.0.03. The beta version is updated more often and is more bleeding edge.

Don't worry about the Repository version number, it means nothing to you. :) Just know that there's a stable repo (contains stable Emby for Kodi) and beta repo (contains beta Emby for Kodi and beta version of skins by marcelveldt and im85288).

So all you need to do is pick if you want to use the stable version of Emby for Kodi or the beta version. The stable version is only updated when features in the beta version are stable enough.

I hope this clarifies things. 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Just tested on Wetek Open elect 5.0.8 dual core- it works like Gem :D, I don't have mess around with texturecache.py tool, movies play is faster than previous, fanart/poster loads are faster Waooooooooo seriously snappy, although the process takes longer ( I don't care), I do expect that as my media collection is quit large, anyway it worth waiting for, conclusion I love it, this is a sell for me. 

On windows 7 I am getting script error both on Kodi 14.2 & 15, so it wont syn DB, I will get log and post soon.  

I am Ok on windows 7