beta vs stable repo

kolbasz

kolbasz

If I have been running the beta repo to date, do I need to uninstall in order to go stable?  Or can I install over top?  Wasn't sure if the process mattered, thanks.

Tranquil

I installed over without a problem. The packages seems to have other names so KODI and you can differ between these packages. (I tried this for skins, dont know what happens with addons. you should ensure that only one addon is enabled)

To be 100% sure: deinstall the old one.

Edited by Tranquil

kolbasz

did I miss something?  I thought the repo went stable from beta with the actual plugin, but I just installed it and it is the old xbmc3c repo instead of emby.

smidley

I'm confused about this as well.  I uninstalled beta repo and installed stable, but it seems odd that it isn't based off of the latest beta build and that it references old things in the repo.

Angelblue05

I've just installed the Stable repo - Noticed the image is incorrect so that will be corrected (soon hopefully) - but you could have both installed side by side (stable and beta). Just make sure you don't have auto update on.

smidley

I uninstalled the beta repo, and installed the stable version.  However, the add-on always updates to the beta version 1.0.02 still for some reason, which doesn't seem to work right now.  When I try to play a file via stream, it doesn't launch.  It looks like 1.0.03 is out, but I am not able to see that version.

Angelblue05

Ok, the stable version only has one version. Stable 1.0.0. Which means it's not going to be updated for a while. So what you want to do is uninstall the current Emby for Kodi installed. Install the version inside the stable repo. Then it should be fine.

You were probably having difficulties because you already have a version higher than Stable and Kodi doesn't allow downgrade.

Edited by Angelblue05

Smoofus

I uninstalled the beta repo, and installed the stable version.  However, the add-on always updates to the beta version 1.0.02 still for some reason, which doesn't seem to work right now.  When I try to play a file via stream, it doesn't launch.  It looks like 1.0.03 is out, but I am not able to see that version.

This!  Things quit playing for me last night on 1.0.02.  Auto-updated to 1.0.03 and the problem persists.  The stream starts and then immediately aborts. Problem started happening on my Windows HTPC as well as my FIreTV.  I was happily watching shows then the plugin auto-updated and everything went kaput.  I see the following in the kodi log.

08:02:40 T:5696  NOTICE: EMBY Player -> logMsg : ADDING_FILE: {'smb://tower/pvr/Recordings/Wayward Pines/Season 01/Wayward Pines - S01E04 - One of Our Senior Realtors Has Chosen to Retire - 4.1 KDFW-DT - 2015-06-04 - 20-00.ts': {'refresh_id': 'd33271581a2512bc4aed1b0a4473d2b4', 'AudioStreamIndex': '', 'SubtitleStreamIndex': '', 'currentPosition': 0, 'item_id': 'c3e7ed15dd7a2b3d373a60d5d79c3535', 'currentfile': 'smb://tower/pvr/Recordings/Wayward Pines/Season 01/Wayward Pines - S01E04 - One of Our Senior Realtors Has Chosen to Retire - 4.1 KDFW-DT - 2015-06-04 - 20-00.ts', 'runtime': '38378200000', 'Type': 'Episode', 'playmethod': 'DirectPlay'}}
08:02:40 T:3676   DEBUG:  XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
08:02:40 T:3676   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.emby/tvshows/d33271581a2512bc4aed1b0a4473d2b4/?id=c3e7ed15dd7a2b3d373a60d5d79c3535&mode=play]
08:02:40 T:3676   DEBUG: Playlist Player: no more playable items... aborting playback
08:02:40 T:3676   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit () ------
08:02:40 T:3676   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------
08:02:40 T:3676   DEBUG: ------ Window Init () ------
08:02:40 T:3676  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()

Full debug log attached with multiple attempts to start a few different videos.  I will try rolling back to stable repo on the FireTV and see how that goes.

kodi.zip

Angelblue05

@@Smoofus

Yes we are aware of the issue. Thanks for reporting.

Can you try something, uninstall the currently installed version 1.0.03 and reinstall it from the beta repo. Restart Kodi and hopefully it will correct the problem. If you are looking for the new cinema feature, it will be reintroduced in the next version which will be released a bit later (it was causing the issue you are experiencing). Thanks :)

Angelblue05

It shouldn't be. It doesn't contain the modification of 1.0.02. That's why I asked to reinstalled the beta version 1.0.03. :) 

Smoofus

@@Smoofus

Yes we are aware of the issue. Thanks for reporting.

Can you try something, uninstall the currently installed version 1.0.03 and reinstall it from the beta repo. Restart Kodi and hopefully it will correct the problem. If you are looking for the new cinema feature, it will be reintroduced in the next version which will be released a bit later (it was causing the issue you are experiencing). Thanks :)

I disabled the addon, uninstalled, restarted kodi, forced an update check, installed the addon from the beta repo, noticed the icon is the new icon whereas it was the old MB icon previously, restarted kodi again and the problem is persisting for me.  Stream starts and immediately aborts.

CBers

Playback working OK.

I reinstalled the latest and reset the DB.

Thanks.

Smoofus

I'm not sure what my malfunction is.  I've deleted the addon, exited kodi, verified the plugin folder no longer exists, started kodi, installed the addon from the beta repo, restarted kodi, reset the local db + all settings and I'm still unable to play anything. 

richardap1

I'm not sure what my malfunction is. I've deleted the addon, exited kodi, verified the plugin folder no longer exists, started kodi, installed the addon from the beta repo, restarted kodi, reset the local db + all settings and I'm still unable to play anything.

Same here. In fact I can't even setup 1.0.03 if I install that version from scratch I can't authenticate with Emby at all

Smoofus

@@richardap1

After multiple uninstalls/installs from the beta repo I finally ended up downloading directly from git and installed on my htpc.  That seemed to do the trick and I am now able to play videos again on that system.  Not sure if that will help you at all but it may be worth a shot.

My FireTV is still having the issue after multiple re-installs.  Maybe some lag in updating the beta repo?  I'll try a re-install later this evening and if I continue to hit a wall I will update with the one I pulled from git.

e123enitan

which of these 2 is good from this link https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/wiki,

I have tried both several times installed and uninstalled, both seems to be having issue or another

for instance a " script error" when I try to play movie;

Sometime the movie seems to start but will not play;

Also further confusion 

one repo have not skills

and another Repo 1.0.3, addon is 1.0.2

Please confirm which repo to download as this moment.

Thanks

Edited by e123enitan

xnappo

Refresh your repo.  1.0.2 is broken, if you refresh the beta repo you should get 1.0.3.

• Like 1

CBers

Playback working OK.

I reinstalled the latest and reset the DB.

Thanks.

Playback is stuttering a lot on 1.0.03, even after the force refresh.

I get audio, but what looks like slow motion video.

It's late here in the UK, so will try again tomorrow and try and get logs etc.

Smoofus

Refresh your repo.  1.0.2 is broken, if you refresh the beta repo you should get 1.0.3.

@@xnappo - What is the recommended method to refresh the repo?  I have two systems running kodi with the emby addon, a windows 8.1 htpc and a FireTV.  I've been forcing a "Check for Updates" in Kodi all day on both. I even just received a new version of the "Nextup Service Notification" from the beta repo on my FireTV but no matter how many times I re-install Emby version 1.0.03 from the beta repo on the FIreTV it fails to playback. I had the same issue on my Windows 8.1 htpc until I downloaded the addon directly from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi and installed from zip.

@@Angelblue05 stated that version 1.0.0 was in the stable repo but no matter what I do I'm only seeing version 0.9.827 in the stable repo on both of my systems.  I'm not sure what I'm missing, and my problems may be unique, but It I'm suspecting it has to do with getting up to date info from the repo since pulling directly from git fixed it on one of my kodi instances.  

e123enitan

1.0.3 have a new feature cache all fanart to Kodi texture I am kind of think this replaces texturecache.py tool?

So to see the impact one have to reset the emby DB anyway, I hope it remove fanart/poster lag and also it save a lot efforts especially when Install/uninstall for testing purposes.

guys I love addition, I often thought about that, this should be a piece of cake for you guys to incorporate into emby/kodi addon :) thanks for the efforts, I shall review and post log.

xnappo

Yep.  We have a lot of new stuff in .03 we will announce shortly in .04 as there were some features in .02 we cut OUT of .03 :)

xnappo

• Like 1

e123enitan

Yep.  We have a lot of new stuff in .03 we will announce shortly in .04 as there were some features in .02 we cut OUT of .03 :)

xnappo

Nice please save some for Xmas, :D

e123enitan

Nice please save some for Xmas, :D

Just tested on Wetek Open elect 5.0.8 dual core- it works like Gem :D, I don't have mess around with texturecache.py tool, movies play is faster than previous, fanart/poster loads are faster Waooooooooo seriously snappy, although the process takes longer ( I don't care), I do expect that as my media collection is quit large, anyway it worth waiting for, conclusion I love it, this is a sell for me. 

On windows 7 I am getting script error both on Kodi 14.2 & 15, so it wont syn DB, I will get log and post soon.  

Edited by e123enitan

kolbasz

Just so I understand stable. The repo is 1.0.0 and the same goes for emby. The 1.0.x beyond 0 is currently only beta releases.