EmbyTV Info

Luke

I was talking about plugins supporting MDAPI interface, like acamd and so on. So I could use the internal EmbyTV with my oscam cardserver and also stream my paytv channels.

I would also love to have this.

Any comments from the devs? That would make it perfect for me. The possibility to use something like the MDAPI plugins is not at all illegal, the use of them might be in some countries, so that should not be a problem for the Emby Project.

Just so I'm clear on this... the original HDHR-US and the later generation HDHR3-US aren't supported and are not likely to be supported any time soon? I've been using WMC for recording but looking to jump ship from the HTPC as my "TV-attached-device" and turn it into a dedicated EMBY server in another room, using just an Android device (Remix mini) as the player. I'm willing to buy a new more modern HDHR device if needed, but don't want to pull the trigger any sooner than needed...

How is progress on the DVR functionality coming along?

Marc

Dvr is fully functional and you are correct. The models without the Dlna feature might happen eventually, although truthfully it's more likely that they would become obsolete by the time we actually get to supporting them. I would just consider getting a new tuner.

AmericanCrisis

Is there a way to get guide data without subscribing to the Schedules Direct?  The HDHomeRun Extend seems to fetch guide data pretty seamlessly I'm just wondering why that data cannot be populated into Emby?

AmericanCrisis

That's unfortunate. SiliconDust pays for EPG data and logos... it's downloaded onto the device. I wonder if there is a way to extract the data that's already there.

It would be a bummer to pay for a service that is already being paid for.

justdrooit

I hope this isn't too silly a question.

I have this working well with my HDHomerun Extend, but on Sundays, I typically like to watch 2 TV streams at once during football season. That's fine, except my friend who moved to Cyprus also sometimes will use my Emby to watch his Redskins play, which would then require a 3rd tuner. 

My question is, is it possible to run my HDHomerun and a USB HDTV device (Hauppage through NextPVR) without royally messing up my channel information? I attempted this for a little while and it doubled my TV listings. When I removed NextPVR and the USB tuner, my channels straightened out again. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know the correct input for an m3u list I've tried all different ways and either get a rough looking list like http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25696-m3u-support/  post 3  or it just imports 1 channel from the list and doesn't grab any of the image or guide  any help would be much appreciated towards this  56aa207c1b9c0_ScreenShot20160128at140616

i would make sure the m3u you're using follows this format:

http://xmtvplayer.com/build-m3u-file

i have cable, just from the cord (no box/cablecard).  will this work for me?

Depends. You'll need to find out if your cable provider adds DRM or not.

To anyone having an issue with m3u, if you can provide a sample file, I'll take a look and get it resolved, thanks.

Nikolaech

To anyone having an issue with m3u, if you can provide a sample file, I'll take a look and get it resolved, thanks.

Playlist DVBViewer example 6 channel. 1 operates, others are not.

8527739.png

Сhannels.zip

• Like 1

Playlist DVBViewer example 6 channel. 1 operates, others are not.

8527739.png

Thanks. I've got this fixed. It should be up for testing on the dev and beta branches soon.

• Like 1

Thank you. all M3U. with the Cyrillic

This test case is working fine now. The dev branch has the fix available for testing.

• Like 1

Nikolaech

This test case is working fine now. The dev branch has the fix available for testing.

ES 3.0.5881.31530 It works fine :)  Thank you.

ET

8586720.png

8636899.png

8632803.gif ...EPG? DVBViewer can create files EPG

at choice .xml and .htm .htm.  If it is necessary I can upload

• 1 month later...
sytone

I just added NEXT PVR as a external service for live tv and tried to remove the direct connection to HDHome Run from emby but emby keeps on adding it back. Expected bug?

Trying NextPvr as it is Windows based with better DVR abilities and can work with KODI directly along with Emby.

I just added NEXT PVR as a external service for live tv and tried to remove the direct connection to HDHome Run from emby but emby keeps on adding it back. Expected bug?

Click on the tuner and uncheck "enable this tuner".

e123enitan

ES 3.0.5881.31530 It works fine :)  Thank you.

ET

8586720.png

8636899.png

8632803.gif ...EPG? DVBViewer can create files EPG

at choice .xml and .htm .htm.  If it is necessary I can upload

@Nikolaech , it seems you're on top of this from DVB Viewer perspective, could you assist, I just pulled m3u from Web interface, so where should this file be located for emby to find it or it doesn't  matter and how is the logo and epg interface with emby. It is easy for VLC, I just dragged the channels m3u to playlist folder and it is ready to play.

Thanks for your input :)  

Edited by e123enitan

Nikolaech

so where should this file be located for emby to find it or it doesn't  matter and how is the logo and epg interface with emby.

e123enitan  location of the file, it does not matter.  It is important to specify the correct path and file name.

Dashboard>Live TV>Tuner Devices+add>M3U Playlist>specify the name and path of the file.>save

9175045.png

Example.

C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\channels - wrong

C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\channels.m3u - correctly

EPG does not work.

Logos, add manually. (metadata manager)

If you do not understand, ask.