EmbyTV Info

Luke

EmbyTV is the server's built-in TV support for HDHomerun and M3U.

• Like 6

reluctantflux

To get program data, you will need to sign up with Schedules Direct.

All memberships come with a 7-day free trial.

Direct from their website:

The following membership levels are available:

Member (extended trial)$6

• 2-month membership.
  • Includes access to Listings Service.
  • Good for those people who need more than the 7 day free trial but aren't quite ready to commit to a full year.
  • Does not auto-renew.
  • Only available to natural persons (no corporations).
Member$25

• 1-year membership.
  • Includes access to Listings Service.
  • Does not auto-renew.
  • Only available to natural persons (no corporations).
  • Like 1

DavidLTalbot

I've been evaluating replacements for Windows Media Center now that it has been sadly discontinued. I've configured MediaPortal and Kodi (via imdb tv listings) both and their recording options are pretty primitive (just record new episodes please!). When I saw this post that MediaBrowser was going to launch a PVR I am excited to see what you have as I've used the MediaBrowser Windows Media Center plugin for a while.

I downloaded EmbyTheatre and didn't see any embytv features in there nor do I see a separate EmbyTV download. When will it be available?

Emby TV is a server plug-in.  You install and configure it on your server and then get Live TV in the apps from the server.  I'm not sure how much Live TV Emby Theater has implemented at this point, however.

reluctantflux

Live TV is available with EPG in the Web, Android, Android TV, and Fire TV clients.  Live TV is available via channel and "what's on" lists in the Windows 8.1 client and Emby Theater. 

I'm unaware of the Live TV status on Windows Moblie or Apple iOS.

This sub-forum is specifically for the Emby TV plugin, which basically is the native Emby live TV back-end, so no need for Mediaportal, ServerWMC, or other third party application.  

This plugin was specifically designed to work with US HDHomeRun devices from Silicondust, but should work with other network tuners as well (i.e. HDHomerun DVB, Ceton, Hauppauge devices).

Emby TV plugin can be downloaded from the Plugins list on your server.

CBers

EmbyTV is a live tv provider plugin that is compatible with HDHomerun tuners and does not require any additional third party software, unlike the others.

Emby TV is a server plug-in.  You install and configure it on your server and then get Live TV in the apps from the server.  I'm not sure how much Live TV Emby Theater has implemented at this point, however.

So you need to purchase a HDHomeRun device to use this plugin ??

Are they generally available ??

Wilky13

Has anyone tested it with PCIe tuners (like Ceton's) or only network attached ones?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snapper

Right now the app only supports network attached

Specifically tuners with DLNA support.  The developer only has access to a SiliconDust tuner, but has shown a willingness to try and support other tuners if users are willing to help.

SHSPVR

It nice see all doing your own TV codes but that only for antenna/cabletv any plans on analog?.

SHSPVR

Hey Luke just wonder that also included the HDHomeRun PRIME with CableCARD support with subscription digital cabletv channel

SHSPVR

@@SHSPVR, yes I currently have two of them working with this plugin.

Are you able rec the channel or is just LiveTV and what about copy protected channel you know like HBO and so on ?

mediacowboy

You can record any channel that is copy freely. The copy protection is determined by your cable company so that vary's from area to area.

Edited by mediacowboy

Not sure if this is the right place to ask?

I'm in Australia and therefore have no support for Schedules Direct, will you support OTA DVB/ATSC EPG populating the guide in edition to Schedules Direct?

Thanks

-SM

• Like 1

I don't know the answer but I would create a separate post in this forum.  It becomes very hard to keep track of multiple issues and questions in the same thread and it is impossible to ever mark them as answered/solved.

KarterJK

Well,

I already have a year membership with Schedules Direct in my testing with NextPVR and it works fine

I also have 3 HD HomeRun Prime tuners

I was currently using the ServerWMC which works great, I uninstalled it to try an test the EmbyTV and it cant find anything, it doesn't download the guide it doesn't detect the tuners

Perhaps additional instructions, or do we need to do something else to make this work?

[uPDATE]

Thanks to MediaCowboy, I now have this up and running.  Silly me didn't notice the Add Tuner option

Thanks MediaCowboy :)

Edited by KarterJK

PhilWhite

Did someone in your group sell his or her soul to the devil?

Seriously.

The strides you guys have made in Emby TV over the past month is incredible.  No more pixilation, clear signals.  Now recordings are named with show, season and episode?

OK, series recording seems to be broken, but I can record individual episodes with proper naming on my server.  I had to redo everything when the emby server stopped -- I think over issues with series recording -- but the second try with individual episode recording is terrific.

I can wait for series recording.  And anything that can help de-interlacing of 1080i content.

Damn.  Just damn.  Good work.

• Like 1

if you can give me more info on series recordings we can get them resolved.

PhilWhite

Let me play with it tonight to see if I can recreate the same problem.  I had some difficulty with one of my tuners yesterday and that might have been the real problem.

The one thing I can say is that when I tried to record a series initially I received a message saying that the item could not be found.  But if I set a single show to record and then tried to record that same show as a series the series recording set up.  I don't know if it would have recorded normally since I had to reinstall the server last night.

I'll let you know if I run into any problems setting series recording tonight.

mediacowboy

Luke, Do we need to still have the day off by one when doing a series recording?

Edit: Answered my own question. That is a yes. Is this something that is going to be looked at?

Edited by mediacowboy

PhilWhite

Update -- looks like it was the tuner.  Recording went off without a hitch, well exceptone.  Series recording looks fine, but the server crashed halfway through.  So, I turned off realtime library monitoring and we'll see how things go from here.  I think Emby TV is fine.  The image quality using the Extend (Plus) HD Homerun today was very good.  Recordings have always been pristine.