MBS - Ability to set maximum streaming bitrate per device

johnodon
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

johnodon

I searched and couldn't find if this is currently possible or not.  I would love to have the ability to set the bitrate on a per device basis from the Devices page on the dashboard.  I would use this in the case of my FireTV Stick.  When I have it plugged into the TV in the family room which is only a few feet from my wireless router, it plays everything I can throw at it (lossless BDRIP MKVs).  If I move the Stick to the TV in my boy's playroom, I get consistent stuttering with the same rips.

Thoughts?

John

EDIT:  I tried to find a way to edit the subject to change it from "MBS" to "ES" but failed.  I keep forgetting about the name change.   :)

Edited by johnodon

• Solution

you do that on the device itself within the app settings. the purpose of the server setting is not to worry about concerns particular to the device, its to worry about the concerns of the server, such as how high of an outgoing bitrate it can handle.

• Like 2

johnodon

Thanks Luke.  I'll take a look.  I did not know it was possible on all apps...specifically the FireTV/Stick one.

Honestly, I would love to see the same incorporated into the Kodi plugin but I guess that is a different feature request.

John

Click the settings icon at the bottom of the home page on the app and scroll down to Playback/Max Bitrate.