DVD MediaInfo

schmitty

schmitty

Hello,

I would like to know how I can get TV series ripped from DVD's to show the DVD MediaInfo icon on the cover treatment.

Filenames are in the following format

Frasier.S07E21.MPG-AC3.DVD-576p.mkv

Edited by schmitty

What do you mean by "DVD MediaInfo icon"?

I don't think any of our apps or other parts of the system put an indicator like that on the covers.  However, CoverArt can use different treatment styles for different types of items and many of those treatments will show "DVD" in the treatment itself.

However, what you have there isn't a DVD anymore so the default settings won't treat it as such.  You can use a couple of different methods within the CoverArt plug-in settings to tell it to, though.

WarrenH

Hello,

I would like to know how I can get TV series ripped from DVD's to show the DVD MediaInfo icon on the cover treatment.

Filenames are in the following format

Frasier.S07E21.MPG-AC3.DVD-480p.mkv

You won't get the "proper name" unless you change the mediainfo within the actual file by right clicking on the file, and changing it's properties. Other mediainfo details, such as format, audio, etc. are as EBR explains, shown by means of icons.

Additionally, there is synopsis - a detailed description of the show; it's the detail you get when from the info key, and used to work with MB2 although only for movies not tv shows. This required a "synopsis" metadata file to be created and placed within your user directory; which I suspect isn't part of the metadata agent employed by MB3.

schmitty

556eba18b9fbe_media_dvd.png
DVD MediaInfo icon '//SERVER/Emby/metadata/MediaInfo/All/media_dvd.png'

schmitty

Would it be possible to have some sort of modification in the metadata configuration (a checkbox or popup list) to choose whether or not a TV series or Movie is from a DVD, Blu-Ray or TV, and show the appropriate MediaInfo icon in the cover treatment?

This could also be applied to music - CD, iTunes, Beatport, other... etc...

Again, the best way to accomplish this will be with the CoverArt plug-in.  It can create different treatments based on the item type or other configuration you select.

e.g.:

55705397b22b1_caexample.png

schmitty

How would I go about achieving this? Individual episodes, or by a series or season-level application?