Fast playback with audio

tixx

Guys,

any chance emby clients could support fast playback with audio at say 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 and 2x the speed.? its such a useful feature. Kodi devs are against implementing it, and 3rd party solutions like external players dont work well. If emby clients were capable of doing it, it would be awesome.

Cheers

• Like 6

Vicpa

Hi,

The Windows 8 app supports it. Not quite sure of the multiple.

OK great thanks, will check it out.

Does anyone else know if its supported on any other platform? Im wanting to replace my old hardware mediaplayer that can do the fast playback of upto 2x speed with either an android device (like an amlogic m8s) or maybe even a roku, or also possibly raspberry pi.

Cheers

• 3 years later...
newblar

bump feature still wanted. Can use an addon html 5 speed playback extension on pc would like the same option on smartphone and emby theater. Server has no problem keeping up  when running at 1.3x speed through internet browser.

• 5 weeks later...
newblar

I only use emby through browser so I can speed up whatever I'm watching. Lot of cable channels run shows 7% faster so they can fit in more commercials.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Any update on this feature request?

I would like the emby apps to support this natively. even if its a paid for feature.

Thanks

@@Luke, hopefully not too far in the distant future, its been almost 3yrs since my initial suggestion :)

@@Ray, android and tv apps (if they get released - e.g. tizen) would be perfect.

Then no need for additional boxes etc.

• 1 month later...
lalajee

i would like to have this too. I watch lot of guide videos and I can do with this feature. Youtube has I think best, if it can be implement into emby too. 

Please build this feature into emby.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 7:13 AM, tixx said:

Nice one Luke!

Thanks for that.

WIll it work on all players, or just the HTML one?

Thanks

It's in the web app now in the 4.5 release, and will be added to the next updates of most of our apps. Thanks.