christophe.ferrandon

christophe.ferrandon

My Emby Server setup: Debian 7 (command-line) on ESXi 5.5 : Xeon E3 1240V2 - Guest VM : 4 cores 12GB RAM.

I’m an Emby newbie so after testing the latest version it seems that Emby can’t play MKV video material on a web browser and on a Panasonic Viera TV.
So my question is : is there a way to send "smb/cifs network video file path" to VLC when i click « Play with an external player » because it’s, for me, the only way to have a full HD video quality. I’m not sure that web browser will ever do the job.
It'll combine great presentation/infos/pictures in Emby and full quality of direct video file playback.

Best for your support
Edited by christophe.ferrandon

christophe.ferrandon

Hi everybody

No answer ?

No way to send or copy/paste "SMB path to video file on the server" to VLC in order to play the movie in full quality VS HTTP poor quality way of doing it.

Is there a possibility to create a custom metadata field "direct file path" for copy/paste it on VLC or Mplayer X ?

I love Emby web portal interface and features for Photo/Music playback but not for HD movies. Others Media center suffers from the same problem.

I hoppe I've missed something ...

Best

Deathsquirrel

You've posted this in the feature request forum.  If you're looking for support from other users I suggest posting your question in the server or client forum for the server/client you're using.  I'm guessing that's the Linux server or DLNA forums.