Anyone running Emby and Plex?

tp546

tp546

Is anyone running both Emby and Plex? I am thinking about giving Plex a try but I don't want to mess up my Emby setup. Any info is welcome. Thanks.

Deathsquirrel

I have both installed; they get along fine.  Give it a go if you're curious.

mgworek

When I was switching from one to the other i was running the Trakt plugin so both servers had the same watched status for everything.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I recently installed Plex on the same server I'm running Emby on. I'm not 100% sure of what has caused this issue I am having now but I thought I would post here. Previously I was solely running Emby server, and anytime I did a search by actor name to see what movies/shows I had that a particular actress/actor was in it worked fine. It showed all movies/shows I had for them when I opened it up.

After I installed Plex, is when I started noticing that it doesn't work anymore. Anytime I look up an actor/actress on the Emby client side, it will only show me one movie I have them in. Same with Plex, it also does the same thing.

Any suggestions as to what may have happened?

Happy2Play

I recently installed Plex on the same server I'm running Emby on. I'm not 100% sure of what has caused this issue I am having now but I thought I would post here. Previously I was solely running Emby server, and anytime I did a search by actor name to see what movies/shows I had that a particular actress/actor was in it worked fine. It showed all movies/shows I had for them when I opened it up.

After I installed Plex, is when I started noticing that it doesn't work anymore. Anytime I look up an actor/actress on the Emby client side, it will only show me one movie I have them in. Same with Plex, it also does the same thing.

Any suggestions as to what may have happened?

There are several topics on this.  Check this one.