NVidia Sheild Transcoding 1080P (Two Part Question)

ThermoDust

ThermoDust

Part One:

I have no problems with 720, but when it comes to 1080 it seems to play fine just the video / audio always falls out of sync after it rebuffers or something stops. Is this a Nvidia Shield Issue, Server CPU issue or transcoding issue, like setting?

Note, when the playback stopped around 120 second I looked at the server and no CPU was being used. I think the transcoding stopped.

Server:

Version: 3.0.5621.4

Windows Home Server 2011

Intel® Pentium® Processor G630T

8GB Memory

Playback Device:

Version: 1.0.45G Registered

Nvidia Shield Console

transcode-48de0ed8-d6e6-4dae-95e2-4c68c1e8b51d.txttranscode-86c3c5dd-4238-435d-9697-8af94c9314e4.txttranscode-924ab05d-89ed-4d1c-b93e-ca31bc0c0da6.txtserver-63568713603.txt

Part two:

What is the best / most compatible container for emby / android tv? Should I re-encode my videos into these?

Edited by ThermoDust

ThermoDust

Update, yesterday when playing some 720p videos I noticed the audio is failing out of sync like it does with 1080p, just the picture does not get stuttery or anything like the 1080. If I stop the playback and resume the audio is once more in sync. I do not have trandcoding logs of that as I turned it off as it says leaving it on is not recommended. I will provide more logs once I can.

ThermoDust

I still cannot get the audio to stay in sync. I have tried adjusting the settings for transcoding but nothing seems to be working. It plays fine for quite some time but over time the audio starts to trail behind the video.

@@Luke What can be done to correct this?