Connecting and Disconnecting from EMBY Server

blaize9

blaize9

The following messages keep on poping up in the notification area.

I installed emby after a full fresh install of kodi then did a content scan on my videos.

I'm currently running an emby server on my desktop with Kodi running on my PI on the local network.

Error connectiong

EMBY Server is unreachable.

Connection successful

EMBY Server is online.

kodi.log

Edited by blaize9

im85288

It is usually accurate in that your server may be restarting or something. You can if you like disable the notification in the settings section of the addon.

Angelblue05

In this situation, it seems he's getting an invalid url in the websocket thread causing the thread to close.... I don't know what specifically.

19:12:50 T:1562375232  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> logMsg : Error: url is invalid
19:12:51 T:1562375232  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> logMsg : Closed
19:12:51 T:1562375232  NOTICE: EMBY WebSocketThread -> logMsg : Server is unreachable.

@@blaize9

If you restart Kodi, do you still get this weird error?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

blaize9

@Angelblue05: Yes I have restarted multiple times and have reinstalled Kodi and emby 2 times from scratch.

I did find errors inside the Emby server log, they are all the same thing but sometimes the Token was different.

But this should not be posted in the kodi section.

2015-05-31 14:42:22.6246 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 401 to 127.0.0.1. Response time: 1 ms.
	Url: http://localhost:8096/Items?SortBy=IsFavoriteOrLiked%2CRandom&Limit=20&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=movie%2Cseries%2Cgame%2Cbook&ImageTypes=Backdrop&ParentId=
2015-05-31 14:42:22.6346 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/DisplayPreferences/home?userId=&client=webclient
	Ip: 127.0.0.1:57807. Headers: Host=localhost:8096,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0,Accept=application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01,Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.5,Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate,DNT=1,Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Emby Web Client", Device="Firefox 41.0", DeviceId="f19efa3cbbbaa8810f5703a1e96eeeeb8e75ac8c", Version="3.0.5621.4",Connection=keep-alive
2015-05-31 14:42:22.6346 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://localhost:8096/web/login.html
	Ip: 127.0.0.1:58000. Headers: Host=localhost:8096,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0,Accept=text/html, */*; q=0.01,Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.5,Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate,DNT=1,Connection=keep-alive,If-None-Match=8c80ec58a2df3dd53bf10d90ec0459ca
2015-05-31 14:42:22.6346 Error - HttpAsyncTaskHandler: Error occured while Processing Request: Access token is invalid or expired.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5621.4
	Command line: C:\Users\Blaize\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Blaize\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Blaize\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Access token is invalid or expired.
	MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IServiceRequest request, String token)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto)
	   at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
	   at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
	   at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)
Edited by blaize9
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@blaize9

What IP address are you putting in the add-on settings? You said you are connected locally. Is the address the one to reach your server (10.x.x.x) locally?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

blaize9

@@blaize9

What IP address are you putting in the add-on settings? You said you are connected locally. Is the address the one to reach your server (10.x.x.x) locally?

Into the add-on settings in kodi I put (10.0.1.6) which is the local IP address of the emby server.

The first time upon entering the information it asked me to authenticate with the user(Kodi) I created on the server and I entered the password and it connected fine.

Edited by blaize9
  • Like 1

blaize9

@@blaize9

Can you disable Kodi debug and enable our add-on debug instead. Thanks, if you need help see this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

I clicked on Perform manual sync and ran that for a minute, here is the debug log attached.

I'm not sure if it is properly working because I disabled the Connecting & Disconnecting messages

How do I know it is working on emby?

kodi_emby.log

Edited by blaize9

Angelblue05

It looks fine now from the look of your logs, but it's not the entire log so I wouldn't know 100%... :) You can probably re-enable the server message, because it is actually useful to know if your server ever goes offline.

It seems in your first log it was trying to download information from your server, without your actual address (it couldn't find it) which is weird for it to behave this way. But it looks fine now in your next log, it seems everything loaded correctly. Well, for now, keep an eye on it...if you see it happen again, let me know. I believe by restarting Kodi, it fixed the issue.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

blaize9

@@Angelblue05

Ok sounds good, now how would I use emby to view my kodi library?

From what I can tell there is nothing different on the emby webpage like Library or Home page.

Angelblue05

@@blaize9

I am confused by what you are asking. Emby for Kodi scans your Emby library into Kodi and maintains it to reflect what you have in your Emby library. If you add anything else manually to your Kodi library, it is not going to be added to your Emby library. You want to add all your media to your Emby server (manage it) and Emby for Kodi will add it to your Kodi library. I hope this clarifies things a bit. :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

blaize9

@@blaize9

I am confused by what you are asking. Emby for Kodi scans your Emby library into Kodi and maintains it to reflect what you have in your Emby library. If you add anything else manually to your Kodi library, it is not going to be added to your Emby library. You want to add all your media to your Emby server (manage it) and Emby for Kodi will add it to your Kodi library. I hope this clarifies things a bit. :)

Ok thanks, looks like that clears it up everything, now I know the proper usage of emby. It was not meant to combine information from other sources but to create a centralized point to send out to other places.

I was under the impression that it will take the information from kodi and place it inside Emby. The reason I thought this is because it said "Blah blah no mysql support on kodi"

Edit: My vision

Kodi (Library) > Emby for Kodi addon (Upload information from kodi and display other sources from emby) > Emby server (All your content in one location)

Edited by blaize9
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Oh, I get it :) No it just means the add-on can't write to Kodi database correctly if you are also using Kodi mysql (making your own database and syncing the data between multiple databases).

So the way it goes is:

Emby server (All your content) > Emby for Kodi addon (Add your Emby content to Kodi) > Kodi (view Emby content). 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

z0mbi

It seems in your first log it was trying to download information from your server, without your actual address (it couldn't find it) which is weird for it to behave this way. But it looks fine now in your next log, it seems everything loaded correctly. Well, for now, keep an eye on it...if you see it happen again, let me know. I believe by restarting Kodi, it fixed the issue.

I am also getting this problem, on a fresh install of Kodi using purely the emby library.

I think the problem is related to a problem I continuously run into with Emby, and that is I'm running this version of Kodi on the same machine that the Emby server is running on. All of my other machines don't have any problems with the Emby server, or direct play from my NAS... but whenever I try to play any Emby-served media on the actual machine the Emby server is running on, I get connection problems and transcoding instead of direct play.

Angelblue05

I am running Kodi on the same machine as Emby and I'm not getting this weird error. Can you post your log? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0mbi

I am running Kodi on the same machine as Emby and I'm not getting this weird error. Can you post your log? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure thing. I'm not sure what is relevant, so sorry about the huge file... but in the last 5th of the file here I just let Kodi idle and you can see it connecting and disconnecting over and over again. I'd love to know whats going on.

kodi.connection.error.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@z0mbi

I will have to check over this. Something is causing the websocket to close (an error). It's not related to your server actually disconnecting reconnecting, but just a visual side effect from it. I will still make you try something, hopefully it will allow to go further and see what's really happening. Please give me a few minutes to make the build for you. Thanks :)

Angelblue05

@@z0mbi

Can you try this build? You are on version 1.0.0, so in Kodi > settings > add-ons > install from zip the zip in the post. Restart Kodi and post your log, thanks :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@z0mbi

I made a small mistake. Can you install from zip this build (again, no need to uninstall. Just restart Kodi)

Please post your log once more. :)

Angelblue05

Thanks @@z0mbi

The error is still happening but at least you will not see it. I will keep looking into it, as I'm not able to reproduce the issue. So I might need you to test some more later if that's ok with you? :)

• Like 1

z0mbi

That's fine by me. Just send me a PM I'll try to keep an eye on my inbox. Thanks for the effort, and thanks a ton for putting it out of sight, out of mind for me, hahah.

• Like 1