Metadata - original film name

Taurec

The sorting movies by original titles should really be implemented. I actually use English right now but my family keep telling me to change the overviews in french, which is possible only individually. Not convenient on large librairies. It would be so much easier to use all my configuration in french and sorting the movies with original titles.

I really hope more people need this feature. English titles is a must, I don't like foreign ones.

Edited by Ben Z

• 3 months later...
Guest chilledhobbit

The sorting movies by original titles should really be implemented. I actually use English right now but my family keep telling me to change the overviews in french, which is possible only individually. Not convenient on large librairies. It would be so much easier to use all my configuration in french and sorting the movies with original titles.

I really hope more people need this feature. English titles is a must, I don't like foreign ones.

I also want this function. I need swedish overview for all my movies but the titles should be the original title. The poster also need to match the original title.

For example, you can do this with Kodi's scraper:

CeHZdzh.png?1

Edited by chilledhobbit

Yea we have original title in the database and metadata, we just currently do not utilize it yet. this setting is definitely a possibility for the future. thanks.

• 1 year later...
Devdroid

Yea we have original title in the database and metadata, we just currently do not utilize it yet. this setting is definitely a possibility for the future. thanks.

Have you had a chance to look into adding a "Keep original title" or "Only display English title" feature? I think it would be appreciated. 

There are so many strange title translations in Europe :) Movies are given titles that have nothing to do with the English titles, which makes them hard to find if you're running Emby set to a non English language.  Also confusing when browsing at times.  

Example: 

English Title:

"Jason and the Argonauts"

Swedish title (translated back to English):

"The Golden Skin"   :D 

Since the original title is kept in the NFO I'm hoping that it's not super complicated to add. 

Edited by Devdroid

paulsalter

Sorry if this sounds picky, but if such an option is added

It needs to be something like 'Original Title' or 'Local Title'

I am in the UK and we have different titles to some films compared to the original releases (both English), so an option for English title only would be meaningless

• Like 1

Devdroid

Sorry if this sounds picky, but if such an option is added

It needs to be something like 'Original Title' or 'Local Title'

I am in the UK and we have different titles to some films compared to the original releases (both English), so an option for English title only would be meaningless

Didn't think about that. Yes, "original title" would of course be optimal, and I think that the original title is what's saved in the NFO file also. 

Edited by Devdroid

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Is this functionality any closer? I mean no disrespect but isn't it really just a matter of making a checkbox that utilizes the existing "original title" field in the metadata?

• 1 year later...

I sometimes have to search for my foreign movies by original title, in original text/cuneiform.. I found it to help to have a catalog ID, IMDB number, and original language title embedded into those files.. I keep both names in the filename however.. Embedding this info into the files with covers is a good/best option

...and you can still have metadata downloaded in your original language.

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...
lpinotti

I have a similar problem, but the other way around.

My DB is in English and all filenames on my NAS are the original movie titles. Unfortunately Emby uses the IMDB English AKAs for Italian, French, Spanish or German movies.

I would like to keep original titles, covers and graphics regardles the Emby language/location.

1 hour ago, lpinotti said:

I have a similar problem, but the other way around.

My DB is in English and all filenames on my NAS are the original movie titles. Unfortunately Emby uses the IMDB English AKAs for Italian, French, Spanish or German movies.

I would like to keep original titles, covers and graphics regardles the Emby language/location.

Hi, Emby doesn’t get titles from IMDb but instead from your highest priority metadata fetcher in your library settings. Which one is that?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 1:02 PM, lpinotti said:

Every parameters is set to "English". Even the browser is in and set to English.

@lpinottiwhat metadata fetchers are enabled on the library, and in what order?