Emby for Kodi

xnappo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
ProMace67

Hi Luke,

Currently running the plugin on Leia 18.9 and it's working fine. I'd like to move to Matrix 19.x but as the Wiki also explains, the Emby for Kodi plugin currently only runs on Krypton and Leia. Can I expect a version that is compatible with Kodi Matrix in the near future?

Cheers,

ProMace

muzicman0
1 hour ago, ProMace67 said:

Hi Luke,

Currently running the plugin on Leia 18.9 and it's working fine. I'd like to move to Matrix 19.x but as the Wiki also explains, the Emby for Kodi plugin currently only runs on Krypton and Leia. Can I expect a version that is compatible with Kodi Matrix in the near future?

Cheers,

ProMace

ProMace - see this thread:

Emby next gen - Kodi - Emby Community

Emby Next Gen is the Matrix version of Emby4Kodi.  I've been using it for a while now, and for the most part, it works well.  In a lot of ways, better than the Leia version.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
xnappo

@LukeLong time - hope you are well :)  I have been using EmbyCon for ages, but just popped back to play with NextGen and was surprised the main page Kodi link is still pointing to this thread instead of NextGen..

• Thanks 1

TeamB
16 hours ago, xnappo said:

@LukeLong time - hope you are well :)  I have been using EmbyCon for ages, but just popped back to play with NextGen and was surprised the main page Kodi link is still pointing to this thread instead of NextGen..

Hey @xnappoomg long time 🙂, this is nullpointer, I had a name change, I am still maintaining EmbyCon.

I am not sure what the long term plan for the Emby team is with Kodi going forward, I think the new maintainer of Emby For Kodi (NextGen) is actually working for (paid??) Emby but I am not sure how official that is or how they are going to organise that going forward.

For now EmbyCon still works and I test it and maintain it on every version of Kodi and Emby that comes out, it is still the simpler of the two options available and should just work out of the box with no setup.

Anywho I am not sure you will get an answer out of team Emby as Kodi is still the ugly red headed step child of the Emby clients.

xnappo

Hey @TeamB- yeah I was still around for the name change :)  Hope things are good down under!

My movie library got big enough that I wanted to try library sync just for movies and EmbyCon still for TV/widgets, but I quickly found that having both services running made Kodi very sad.

So - since I have your attention... What do you think about an option at the first and last entry in the A-Z movies list the previous/next letter - like it is for pages already?  I know it is a bit silly, but my daughter was complaining about the speed, and then complaining about the A-Z when I suggested that :D

Edited by xnappo

TeamB
1 minute ago, xnappo said:

My movie library got big enough that I wanted to try library sync just for movies and EmbyCon still for TV/widgets, but I quickly found that having both services running made Kodi very sad.

interesting, was it just slow or actually broken?

yeah big libs are a pain to work with.

2 minutes ago, xnappo said:

So - since I have your attention... What do you think about an option at the first and last entry in the A-Z movies list for the next letter?  I know it is a bit silly, but my daughter was complaining about the speed, and then complaining about the A-Z when I suggested that :D

So they want to start at A and then at the botton have an option to go the B so they can progress through the library one letter at a time? They could just hit back and select the next letter.

There is a pages option as well, set you page size in the interface options and you wil have your lib broken up into pages with next page at the bottom and prev page at the top.

xnappo
9 hours ago, TeamB said:

interesting, was it just slow or actually broken?

yeah big libs are a pain to work with.

Just slow.  Obviously it is very fast compared to where we were in 2016 :D  But expectation change!

9 hours ago, TeamB said:

So they want to start at A and then at the botton have an option to go the B so they can progress through the library one letter at a time? They could just hit back and select the next letter.

There is a pages option as well, set you page size in the interface options and you wil have your lib broken up into pages with next page at the bottom and prev page at the top.

Yes - actually I played with the pages option which does something similar - but since that applies across all lists, it seemed to cause problems with the widget endpoints or something.  It caused popups saying there was an error in the skin, but I admit I didn't even look what it was and just turned it back off.  I will take the time to log the error I get in Embuary when I do that, and try increasing the page size.

Agree going back is an option... I wonder how hard it would be to change the skin A-Z selector to go to the EmbyCon A-Z endpoints.. I might look at that too.

(can you tell my wife is out of town and I am bored? :P )

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1