Emby for Kodi

xnappo

tornadotj

Well, you put me on the right path, pun intended. It was a rights issue. i'm not sure why, I have the directory shared with no credentials required, but I guess for some reason the OpenELEC/Kodi PC needed them.

I won't post logs, it's working and I'm OK leaving the credentials in the config.

• Like 1

Eternally

Hi I recently updated Kodi to Kodi 15.0 now emby the plugin is broken for me what is the schedule for the next emby update. In the meantime I could downgrade from the current version of Kodi that I am using. I am running Kodi on linux.

Edited by Eternally

CBers

Hi I recently updated Kodi to Kodi 15.0 now emby the plugin is broken for me what is the schedule for the next emby update. In the meantime I could downgrade from the current version of Kodi that I am using. I am running Kodi on linux.

In what way is it broken?

You may need to do a Kodi database reset from within the addon.

Eternally

In what way is it broken?

You may need to do a Kodi database reset from within the addon.

Sorry I should probably have been more specific my pass want be accepted by my server, I will try your suggestion by resetting the addon.

Eternally

I tried what you said it worked when I reset it and entered all the login information. But when I exit Kodi the server accepts the pass but the Titan logo just keeps on loading. If I reset everything again then it works with the same procedure, its defaintly better then nothing, Could it be because I am using a to long pass, When I was in my last Kodi version then there was a different problem I had to enter the pass everytime on starting Kodi. I am also using HTTPS in Kodi if I turn that off its still the same problem.

AlwinHummels

I've a strange problem on my Rpi2 Allw works fine exept music 

I've embi for Kosi 1.13 stable repo

and when I do a manual or fulls scan music fails but I can't figure out why.

See log here http://xbmclogs.com/pg2srvvec

If you need more please let me know and I try to give you the information.

im85288

I've a strange problem on my Rpi2 Allw works fine exept music 

I've embi for Kosi 1.13 stable repo

and when I do a manual or fulls scan music fails but I can't figure out why.

See log here http://xbmclogs.com/pg2srvvec

If you need more please let me know and I try to give you the information.

This line in your log looks worrying:

Server unreachable at: http://192.168.192.20:8096/mediabrowser/Users/c05ce082774747f9b471100932691c64/Items/f406d87717be90c7212d61d6bb4dc670?format=json&Fields=Path,Genres,SortName,Studios,Writer,ProductionYear,Taglines,CommunityRating,OfficialRating,CumulativeRunTimeTicks,Metascore,AirTime,DateCreated,MediaStreams,People,Overview

Are you sure the server did not crash during the sync? 

AlwinHummels

This line in your log looks worrying:

Server unreachable at: http://192.168.192.20:8096/mediabrowser/Users/c05ce082774747f9b471100932691c64/Items/f406d87717be90c7212d61d6bb4dc670?format=json&Fields=Path,Genres,SortName,Studios,Writer,ProductionYear,Taglines,CommunityRating,OfficialRating,CumulativeRunTimeTicks,Metascore,AirTime,DateCreated,MediaStreams,People,Overview
Are you sure the server did not crash during the sync?

When I click on that link i get: 

{"ResponseStatus":{"ErrorCode":"SecurityException","Message":"Access token is invalid or expired.","StackTrace":"  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken (IServiceRequest request, System.String token) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 \n  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser (IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 \n  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate (IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 \n  at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter (IRequest request, IResponse response, System.Object requestDto) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 \n  at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle (IRequest req, IResponse res, System.Object requestDto) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 \n  at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters (IRequest req, IResponse res, System.Object requestDto) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 \n  at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync (IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, System.String operationName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "}}

But I think I found the problem now I disabled the NFS for my music share and now it's scanning all my music again.

no idea why it not works when the NFS is enabled on my share (Synology DS415+)

Edited by AlwinHummels

Spaceboy

hi, i had to install the latest isengard (19/07) nightly in order to get my live tv plugin working and since doing this i get a Emby Error when opening Kodi, looking at the log it says:

17:54:10 T:3700  NOTICE: EMBY UserClient -> |---- Starting UserClient ----|
17:54:10 T:3700  NOTICE: EMBY UserClient -> Current user: Mark
17:54:10 T:3700  NOTICE: EMBY UserClient -> Current userId: a33fbab2059b4b8d9dc6444e7d255950
17:54:10 T:3700  NOTICE: EMBY UserClient -> Current accessToken: fd092260cd664e508521ce4f213c6c89
17:54:11 T:8664  NOTICE: Sync DB -> syncDatabase Exiting
17:54:11 T:8664   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: (u'Items',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 259, in <module>
                                                Service().ServiceEntryPoint()
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\service.py", line 146, in ServiceEntryPoint
                                                libSync = librarySync.FullLibrarySync()
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 89, in FullLibrarySync
                                                self.MusicVideosFullSync(connection,cursor,pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\LibrarySync.py", line 216, in MusicVideosFullSync
                                                allEmbyMusicvideos = ReadEmbyDB().getMusicVideos()
                                              File "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\ReadEmbyDB.py", line 56, in getMusicVideos
                                                if (jsonData[u'Items'] != ""):
                                            KeyError: (u'Items',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

things play, it just seems that the database is not syncing

edit seems to have gone away
Edited by Spaceboy

Angelblue05

First log - the episodes skipped were due to missing season number. Check your metadata manager and assign season numbers to the episodes, then they will be scanned into Kodi properly.

The second - seems your internet connection went out. Or something along these lines.

Edited by Angelblue05

Spaceboy

Hi, do only libraries containing music, TV or movies get synced by emby for kodi. if I have videos marked as home videos in a library they do not seem to be available in emby for kodi. Cheers

xnappo

Correct - Home Movies are on our Trello board but are not currently supported.

• Like 1

AlwinHummels

I've just installed 1.1.8 from the beta repo and I use the latest version of OpenElec Kodi 16 build 0730 (31 Juli) on my Rpi2 but I've still problems with my music scanning.

No error but Sync stops after the Artists sync so my Albums and track are never Synced. Is there something I've missed?

I know I know it's still beta but I like to have the newest stuff and test things out  ;)

See my Log: http://xbmclogs.com/p8qm2kotk

Edited by AlwinHummels
  • Like 1

StealthDefender

I've just installed 1.1.8 from the beta repo and I use the latest version of OpenElec Kodi 16 build 0730 (31 Juli) on my Rpi2 but I've still problems with my music scanning.

No error but Sync stops after the Artists sync so my Albums and track are never Synced. Is there something I've missed?

I know I know it's still beta but I like to have the newest stuff and test things out ;)

See my Log: http://xbmclogs.com/p8qm2kotk

Thats also my problem.

Stable Version do the same.

I think its about codecs or something (flac, vob, etc) not sure about it.

In fact the addon try every time i restart my htpc a full resync but break somewhere at albums or artists?!?

Greetz Stealth

StealthDefender

Hey guys, all work nice at the moment so far.

But one strange thing happened on all my machines.

The music sync shows the wrong "last added" in kodi!

On the server it is correct but kodi shows only the wrong albums.

Greetz Stealth

post-3982-0-38481300-1438582729_thumb.jpg

Edit: Is it normal that every time a full sync is done a next one starts?!?

Since 2 hours the addon syncs all time long!

Edited by StealthDefender

Tranquil

No, there should be no complete resync everytime. Kodi just checks the complete library for changes, but that is much faster then a complete resynch.

Maybe you should try resetting your library and do a complete synch once again. Do not interrupt this process. Hopefully your problem is solved then.

Angelblue05

@@StealthDefender

Missed your post, it's always best to just start a new thread to make sure your issue gets maximum visibility :)

The scan will restart if it's unable to complete. It will keep trying until it succeeds. I do think I managed to resolved the music situation with the latest beta version 1.1.25 but it's still very early to say. For now, I suggest you simply disable music sync in your add-on settings. The sync should then complete correctly and will not happen the next time you restart Kodi.

What I did notice is the issue seems to affect people with large music libraries... The query to the server to pull every single item would timeout and the sync would fail. If this is your case, then you can always give beta a try or wait until the fix makes it to Stable :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

StealthDefender

Hey thx for answer!

If its better for you guys to do a new thread for every question i will do it, but in my case the situation is not too bad that i can not wait a bit ;-)

Yes indead, i have a huge music database, the feauture to sync it with emby is a great solution so i can wait for stable! :-D

Only thing that confuses me is the last added issue that i have mentioned a few post before!

Have a nice day

Greetz Stealth

Angelblue05

I think I see the same problem on my side with last added as well. I've added it to our trello board so one of us can look more into it when we have a moment: https://trello.com/c/JKaClAXL/125-last-added-seems-incorrect-for-music 

Edit: Actually it seems to be an easy fix, so it will be fix next beta version.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1