Emby for Kodi

xnappo

im85288

Good evening,

Does the addon support Isengaard RC2 (MyVideos94 database)? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart (nice to see you across here!)

Have you confirmed that it is video database 94? Looking at this link: http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions it is still version 93.

I also installed RC2 yesterday and did a database refresh today with no problems at all..checking under the hood it is indeed using version 93.

Cheers

bartolomesoriano

Hi Bart (nice to see you across here!)

Have you confirmed that it is video database 94? Looking at this link: http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions it is still version 93.

I also installed RC2 yesterday and did a database refresh today with no problems at all..checking under the hood it is indeed using version 93.

Cheers

Good morning Ian,

Thank you. You are correct, my mistake. I am running Kodi 16 and for that the db is Myvideos94.

Regards,

Bart

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Good morning Ian,

Thank you. You are correct, my mistake. I am running Kodi 16 and for that the db is Myvideos94.

Regards,

Bart

@@im85288 Thanks for verifying :)

Thanks for reporting back Bart. I thought I was going nuts lol, reinstalling my Kodi, wiping the userdata completely...still getting myVideos93.db!! hah, glad we don't have to worry about 94 for a little while then.

Ryangodammit

Hi. I just did a bit of a test scan last night after successfully installing Emby for Kodi and having it connect to my server.

The library I had it scan was much smaller than my Kodi library, but the folder I did have in Emby was using the same media that Kodi was, same as I intend to do with my full library.

All of my Kodi library went missing and I ended up with just the few files that were on the Emby server. Is this right? It's not a major, should be easy enough for me to fix.

But the other thing is that all of the watched statuses have gone. Should they have stayed?

Thanks

xnappo

Yes - Emby for Kodi REPLACES the Kodi scraper and library management.

You need to remove any sources you have listed in Kodi and delete your Kodi database.

As for watched status - there has been some discussion on how to get that to import into Emby correctly - perhaps someone else will chime in.

jjdavola

You need to remove any sources you have listed in Kodi and delete your Kodi database.

As for watched status - there has been some discussion on how to get that to import into Emby correctly - perhaps someone else will chime in.

Can you please elaborate on this a little?  In order to get all the images on the Emby server to show up on Kodi are you saying I need to disable and/or uninstall Universal Movie Scraper, TVDB and any other scrapers I have installed?  If not, what files/add-on do you mean exactly when you say "remove any sources" and "delete your Kodi database"?  FYI I'm trying to just get all the images on my Emby server to show up on Kodi and nothing is working.

Deihmos

You can use trakt on kodi to backup watched stats then import them to emby using the trakt plugin then delete the kodi library in video files.

Edited by Deihmos

Ryangodammit

Got it. After I posted I tried to revert to kodi library in the advanced settings and ended up with no library at all.

Where'd it go?

Thanks for much for putting this together. It works fantastically.

I can now move forwards into my post mediacentre life. 

e123enitan

I have lost track, could someone post the link to Beta emby/Kodi repo. 

Thanks

I've been trying Emby for a short time and I like it, particularly the ability to directly access ISO movie files.  I watch on a tv through an attached Roku 3 device and the Emby channel on Roku.  But this thread leaves me wondering if the combination of Emby & Kodi (which I've also tried) and Roku offer any additional benefits?  I assume it would be the Kodi server that would be accessed from Roku instead of using the Emby channel.  Is that right?  Thanks in advance.

LongMan

I have been testing emby server along with this kodi client and there is a lot lot of good stuff here. I really like the combination.

Just a few observations.

1. The kodi client does not seem to import the tags from the server? Is this by design, or something on a todo list. I use tags to create subcategories so it would be really useful to have them imported.
  2. The server does not seems to scan music videos with "&" in the title and it places a "?" where the are special characters such "ñ" (in the title).
  3. Artist grouping for music has been fixed in Kodi as of Isengard RC2, but I noticed that the artist grouping does not work at all in Emby's Kodi client. I suspect it has to do with the way artists are been handled in Kodi becuase the ListItem.Artist gives the correct info but as I said grouping does not work.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7511 & https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7419 and the pesrsons who worked on them may shed some light on how the artist grouping works.

Music Video Album grouping does not seem to work either.

A request: Is it possible to put an option to not have Emby's Kodi client create items in \\userdata\library\video. I have my own menus and each time I delete the ones generated, they return.

Having said those things, the approach is nice, the web client is beautiful and nice for managing the server. Your software makes multiple installations of Kodi easier to manage. Thank for your efforts.

Cheers, LongMan

xnappo

Please make seperate posts for problems.

Really the addon is meant to be installed in a clean installation.

I would get all your media showing up in the web interface the way that you want it first, then do clean Kodi install.

It is possible to remove all the extra stuff you may have installed, of course, but we can't really support that as we have no idea what you have installed.

You would definitely want to backup your sources.xml and start with a clean one though.

Could someone check and see if this repo is also using the 1.1.15 version that's supposed to be in the beta one?

That version's giving me empty series folders, and its showing the same on both repos. :(

Setting up my firetv while I'm away from home today, so can't check on my main system till then.

Angelblue05

@@Sek0n

Only the beta repo contains 1.1.15.Are you saying you installed 1.1.15 and now you are getting empty series folders? Did you reset - rescan your library? Again, your question and following statement are not very clear.

How to report a problem: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Angelblue05

Yes. I installed the beta, and got empty series folders. Also showed no movies. I know it's scanning them correctly though because it showed the correct number of movies/series in the initial scans notifications.

Then I uninstalled it, removed all addon folders and package files that have anything to do with it. Then I installed this repo, and it also installed 1.1.15.

Reset and rescanned multiple times because I thought I was going crazy. lol

I'll look more into it tonight when I get home if it seems to be a problem on my end.

Edit: I wasn't so much as reporting a problem to begin with. More just asking if the repo had the correct version. And as stated. I'm not home and am working with a firetv. Not easy to debug with, with no pc, etc.

Edited by Sek0n

Cirkator01

Is it just me, or is the "play next video automatically" option not working with the emby plugin?

I am running the stable repo and whenever a TV episode is finished playing, I get back to the main screen...

swhitmore

Is it just me, or is the "play next video automatically" option not working with the emby plugin?

I am running the stable repo and whenever a TV episode is finished playing, I get back to the main screen...

It's now a separate addon in Kodi

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435

• Like 1

tornadotj

I set up a new Kodi/OpenELEC server. I installed Emby and all looked well. Videos sync'd and all the lists were there. But, when I select a movie to play, it just clicks and the movie does not start.

Any help is greatly appreciated. My W7 HTPC died and this is going to be my new solution.

Not sure if it matters, but this is running on an AMD processor, Mini ITX motherboard, not a Fire or anything like that.

Edited by tornadotj

xnappo

Probably a problem with how you set up the paths.  If you post a log, we can tell you the exact problem.  Is your Emby server on a Linux or Windows box? (please post a log of failed play with your answer :D )