Emby for Kodi

xnappo

Thank you, I will create the version for stable. :) When im85288 or xnappo have a moment they will include it into the repo.

A new release is going to come for stable soon to remove the beta feature that was accidentally included, and also to fix a bug that might affect certain ppl.

Is this with the latest stable release version 1.1.0?

Awesome!! Just so you know, I just watched two episode of different shows using Emby for Kodi few hundred kilometers away from my server, and everything worked flawlessly!! Fast loading, subtitles, just great!!

Thanks for the hard work you guys have done to completely revamp the way emby works with kodi. Its so fast to sync that I dont care even  if I had to reset the database everytime an update was released lol. 

Might try the video and theme music addon soon, and also the cinema mode to see how well it all works. Thanks again!!

• Like 4

Angelblue05

Awesome! We'll feel free to switch to Beta version to keep trying the alternate server address feature as it is removed from Stable v 1.1.1. It is an untested feature, so thanks for reporting! :)

jjdavola

Is my issue that difficult to solve?  I thought I was just missing an easy, n00b step to get images recognized in Kodi.  :(

Awesome! We'll feel free to switch to Beta version to keep trying the alternate server address feature as it is removed from Stable v 1.1.1. It is an untested feature, so thanks for reporting! :)

Will do! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Jibest

1. On the to do list.

2. You can easily create playlists in Kodi for now.

3. Not sure what you mean?

4. It should work as long as the server address you put in is your external one. Since Emby connect is not integrated, on the to do list but documentation is lacking when not using the prebuilt api client, this one will take longer. So right now, you can add a secondary account that you'd use while being away. Then you can direct stream or transcode depending on your internet connection. :)

Check out our trello board for easy reference: https://trello.com/b/qBJ49ka4/emby-for-kodi

Hi, how do add in a feature request on the Trello boards for people to vote on? I would like to request that Emby playlists appear within Kodi :)

Jibest

Quick question regarding adding the server in Kodi. If I enter in my dynamic dns name (also remote details in Emby Server). The server connects and I can view my media. But will this still be playing just over the lan when i'm at home? Or will it be sending data over the internet as if i'm in a remote location?

Angelblue05

Quick question regarding adding the server in Kodi. If I enter in my dynamic dns name (also remote details in Emby Server). The server connects and I can view my media. But will this still be playing just over the lan when i'm at home? Or will it be sending data over the internet as if i'm in a remote location?

It will keep using your dynamic dns even while at home. So t will connect as if from a remote location. I've actually just implement an option for secondary address where you could put the internal address to your server and switch between the two. However this is only availabe in the beta version. It's a brand new feature still need some work like make it automatic if possible, etc... Still looking for feedback on it. If you try it out, let me know how it went.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19739-emby-for-kodi-beta/?p=223840

Vidman

there is a proviso that your router must support hairpinning for this to work within the same lan

Jibest

there is a proviso that your router must support hairpinning for this to work within the same lan

Thanks Vidman,

I just did a tracert from my home network and one from a remote location pointing to the dynamic dns name and the one from home was far shorter & quicker whereas the remote tracert took far longer with many more entries.

I assume this means the router supports hairpinning? 

Ryangodammit

Hi guys.

Just a few questions, excuse the noobness. I'm new to emby, been using kodi/xbmc for a while now.

What machine are you guys running the server on? The same one as kodi?

I'm running openelec on a chromebox and I want to install my emby server on the same machine so its on 24/7.

How do I do this? Straight from kodi? Or do I use putty or something to ssh the regular linux install into the background?

Where is the best place to learn about emby from the very basics up? Still kind of struggling to get my head around it, even more so combined with kodi.

Sounds awesome though

im85288

If you go to the downloads section of the Emby web page you will find the packages for the various versions of the server. I'm not too sure if you can run the server on a chrome box.

Vidman

It might be easier to use a more complete linux/kodi solution like kodibuntu distro to run emby server and kodi on the same device rather than openelec

Edited by Vidman

jordy

Hi,  installed Kodi/Emby4Kodi last night on my surface Pro 3 - i5 and it's good, very quick. It seems though, that it will only show Libraries designated as Movie or TV. I have a couple of libraries designated "Home Videos" can/will Emby4Kodi show them?

jordy

@@Vidman, so it's already a FR on the Kodi forums?

I'm not a convert to Kodi yet, I tried it a couple of years ago - before MB2-Emby and didn't get much out of it. I have noticed the good reports from others on the Emby forums and thought I would give it another try.

itsrumsey

I've been using this addon primarily for all my xbmc installations recently and it has been working great.

• Like 2

Swapped from WMC/MBC last week pretty happy so far with the exception of themes that are pretty meh This is a great player .THe use of milkdrop as a visualizer over the bland media center ones is a bonus as does the ability to set the screen size for all 4:3 TV / Movies is a neat feature

Deihmos

Have you tried the Artic theme? That is the most visually appeasing theme I have ever used.

xnappo

Swapped from WMC/MBC last week pretty happy so far with the exception of themes that are pretty meh This is a great player .THe use of milkdrop as a visualizer over the bland media center ones is a bonus as does the ability to set the screen size for all 4:3 TV / Movies is a neat feature

Yes - curious what skins you have tried.  Some of the better ones are not hosted via the Kodi repo..

bartolomesoriano

Good evening,

Does the addon support Isengaard RC2 (MyVideos94 database)? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Angelblue05

Good evening,

Does the addon support Isengaard RC2 (MyVideos94 database)? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

No**

Edited by Angelblue05

bartolomesoriano

No**

Thanks for the quick reply Angelblue05! Any ETA of when this would be supported?

Regards,

Bart

Angelblue05

Soon, I'm sure :) Depends if any changed occurred to the database structure.

Edited by Angelblue05