Emby for Kodi

xnappo

Angelblue05

No idea why.... Very strange that it would work. Did you have a previous version installed? How did you update to beta 2? Maybe leftover database file makes it work....?

hifiaudio2

I did install beta 2 over beta 1,  and verified in the info screen that I am indeed using beta 2 , but the only other difference is that I installed shaefurr's font pack on the Windows machine.  But that shouldnt have anything to do with the database.....  I also never set any of the Kodi installs up to fetch its own metadata in any way.  All of the installs were used with Emby (or attempted with Emby in the case of the Shield)  from the start.

Beta 2 on the Shield was the first install since I didnt bother with sideloading.  I waiting until it was available in the store, which beta 2 was the first for that. 

Edited by hifiaudio2

SikSlayer

How can I remove the addon AND (this latter part is important) the entries in the library it has created? Long story short, I installed it on a device I don't mean to have Kodi on long term, and uninstalling it leaves entires for every title in my library that can't be removed all at once.

Angelblue05

Go via emby add-on settings > advanced > reset kodi dabatase / and erase your emby info too when it prompts you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinberard

Any chance of adding a shuffle option in an upcoming version?

I would love to be able to shuffle specific TV shows, like I can on the Android/Android TV Emby app.

quasar

Any chance of adding a shuffle option in an upcoming version?

I would love to be able to shuffle specific TV shows, like I can on the Android/Android TV Emby app.

You can do this in Kodi, just create a smart playlist filtering TV shows/episodes (and a specific tag if you have multiple types of shows) and put it in a random order.

• Like 1

ProphetSe7en

I would love an Smart Playlist function based on folders.

I know there already is one in Kodi, but since I can`t add path as a criteria when using Emby it kind of useless.

So I would love if this could be added. That way I can create different shortcuts on my homescreen in Kodi and also get the recently added widget working for all folders :)

Angelblue05

Use tags to get the view content you want, then you can use any other type of filters you'd like and it will be only applied to specific views.

jjdavola

Silly question from an Emby n00b.  So far I really like what I see, although the Emby scraper appears to take things way too literally (e.g., if I don't use "The" in the name of the file, IMDb pulls up a different movie).  My question is after everything is scraped to my liking in Emby, I reboot Kodi, connect to the Emby server and everything syncs, do I need to do anything internally in Kodi for everything to appear?  Meaning do I have to unscrape my pre-Emby information or manually scrape my Emby information?  Reason being, when I go to my movies or TV shows now after everything, it doesn't appear that all the Emby thumbs, TV episode info and backgrounds etc. are showing up.

FYI I tried this is CCM and Aeon Shednox skins.  

Edited by jjdavola

Jibest

Just tried this out yesterday for the first time as an alternative to plexbmc. I was impressed with the speed and database integration but a few things hold me back from switching.

No access to Emby Home Movies

No access to the Emby playlists (just the ability to browse to them and add as a favourite would be good)

Part watched videos not integrated into the skin for easy access (I tried with Amber).

Does not work remotely (I use a fire TV stick for traveling so this is important)

I know this is in early development so hopefully these things will come, I'll be following with great interest!

Angelblue05

1. On the to do list.

2. You can easily create playlists in Kodi for now.

3. Not sure what you mean?

4. It should work as long as the server address you put in is your external one. Since Emby connect is not integrated, on the to do list but documentation is lacking when not using the prebuilt api client, this one will take longer. So right now, you can add a secondary account that you'd use while being away. Then you can direct stream or transcode depending on your internet connection. :)

Check out our trello board for easy reference: https://trello.com/b/qBJ49ka4/emby-for-kodi

Edited by Angelblue05

Jibest

Hi Angelblue05,

An I right in thinking though that the playlists in Kodi will work like a samba share and not be accessed through Emby? I guess what I mean is I want playlists to work when I'm not on my local LAN. If done just through Kodi they will be local only won't they?

I'll try to explain my third point better. In Plexbmc using the Amber skin if I part watch a film and come back to it later it will appear when I hover over "movies" as a part watched item so I can just click on it to quickly continue watching. This didn't happen when I tried with Emby as the back end. Is there a way to make this work? I'm guessing it needs some kind of skin integration?

I'll take a look at the links you provided for remote access, thanks for the information :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Jibest

Yes indeed, it would only be within Kodi. I can't remember why we decided not to support playlist or maybe it just didn't come up? Maybe other devs will remember the reason.

Are you talking about "in progress" view? Sorry I am not familiar with Plexbmc... Maybe a screenshot is in order? :)

The link is just so you can keep track of the progression of the add-on.

For now, when you are away, it's best to just set up a secondary Kodi profile linked to the same Emby user account, except for the server address, you would put in the external address to access your server instead of the local one. You will also need to change in the add-on settings Playback tab > Play from HTTP instead of SMB enabled. This will then allow you to control the video quality bitrate. If you leave as default or higher possible for your connection, you will direct stream instead of transcoding. The lower you go, the more chances your content will be transcoding.

Edited by Angelblue05

Jibest

Hi, I will test it a little more and then get some screenshots in the next few days. As for the playlists, I saw a suggestion about custom folders or tags on the wiki which you could set up and add as favourites but it wasn't clear how to achieve it?

I'd listed under "Important note about user collections/nodes"

This sounds like it could do what I want maybe?

Angelblue05

To create a smart playlist, you would first filter by tags and select the tag (which is your Emby userview) and then filter using any other Kodi filters. You can even combine playlists together. Then you can point your menu to the smart playlist you just created.

Not sure if you are asking how to add as favorite, but if you want to add a content as favorite, you mark the content as favorite via Emby web client and Emby for Kodi will then display it under Favorite Movies or Favorite Shows. For easy access, everything can be found by launching Emby for Kodi. However if the skin allows it (usually they do) you can always just point straight to the Emby shortcut by pointing the path to Video add-ons > Emby > Select the user view.

It's not something that was there back with 0.0.32, so hopefully I am not confusing you.... :) 

Does not work remotely (I use a fire TV stick for traveling so this is important)

I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use the Emby for Fire TV app?

• Like 1

Jibest

I was wrong about it not keeping the part watched films easily accessible. In testing I was fast forwarding a film and then stopping it to check it appeared, this didn't work. However when I actually sat and watched a film for 40 mins then stopped it, it showed up so that's good.

I do have the Emby app on the fire stick so it is an option when I'm away albeit still without any playlists etc. Would be better to have it all just within Kodi but yeah you're right I could just use that until Emby connect can be used with Kodi.

I just made some basic playlists in Kodi (smart playlists too clever for what I need) but it would be nice to be able to have access to Emby playlists direct from Kodi.

Thanks for all the advice, I've had more response here in one day than the last 3 years on the Plex forums!

• Like 2

xnappo

Hi All,

We have just pushed 1.1.0 to the stable repo.  See the beta thread for changes for now - I will try to document them all tomorrow.  Note that the beta is likely to go more unstable for a bit - so if you are using Beta - you might disable auto update, or switch to stable.

xnappo

P.S. Note that the secondary IP address support in this release is still a BETA feature.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

CBers

We have just pushed 1.1.0 to the stable repo. See the beta thread for changes for now - I will try to document them all tomorrow.

Where's the BETA thread please?

The only one I can see is locked and says the same as the last post here.

Angelblue05

There is no BETA thread because we want people to start new threads for easier tracking.

The only BETA thread is the one that is locked, and it's currently used to announce new releases for the beta version. :)

• Like 1

I just changed from the beta repo to the stable repo, but noticed that the thumbnail of the stable repo has beta written on it? Maybe you guys could update the thumbnail as it could be confusing for some users (btw the real beta thumbnail looks so much better than the stable thumbnail :P)

jjdavola

Any response to my question above?  Although I have disc art and other images on Emby, I can't seem to sync all the information unless I go into each individual movie on Kodi and manually update the images that are missing.  FYI I've done a master reset and manual reset in the Emby addon, but it still doesn't work for every movie.  To further clarify, I have around 600 movies on my external hard drive, let's say 525 of them have disc art in Emby, but maybe only 400 of them show disc art on Kodi unless I manually add the disc art on Kodi for the missing 125 (which is a bit of a pain).

Angelblue05

I just changed from the beta repo to the stable repo, but noticed that the thumbnail of the stable repo has beta written on it? Maybe you guys could update the thumbnail as it could be confusing for some users (btw the real beta thumbnail looks so much better than the stable thumbnail :P)

Thank you, I will create the version for stable. :) When im85288 or xnappo have a moment they will include it into the repo.

A new release is going to come for stable soon to remove the beta feature that was accidentally included, and also to fix a bug that might affect certain ppl.

Any response to my question above?  Although I have disc art and other images on Emby, I can't seem to sync all the information unless I go into each individual movie on Kodi and manually update the images that are missing.  FYI I've done a master reset and manual reset in the Emby addon, but it still doesn't work for every movie.  To further clarify, I have around 600 movies on my external hard drive, let's say 525 of them have disc art in Emby, but maybe only 400 of them show disc art on Kodi unless I manually add the disc art on Kodi for the missing 125 (which is a bit of a pain).

Is this with the latest stable release version 1.1.0?

Edited by Angelblue05

jjdavola

Is this with the latest stable release version 1.1.0?

Yes and Server Version 3.0.5641.4.  If I can only get all the images to Kodi easily, I'd be in heaven.