Emby for Kodi

xnappo

im85288

Haha two hats on today then! Yeah, I agree it's confusing..but I think we've over confused it.

Anyway I think you now know why your music is not being removed from the DB and you can safely delete the database as Scala mentioned. Thanks for reporting it.

RavRob

When you say Kodi keeps freezing. What says it is freezing? Are you trying to exit while the sync is still going? If you check your Kodi log, are new lines still appearing? You seem to be experiencing something out of the ordinary.... :(

I would hope the sync is done. I have left my STB alone over night. By morning it was still on "parsing 1 of 1568 movies" and I couldn't do anything with my HTPC. The only way out was to force a reboot.

Anyway, I took everything out and I'm back to normal. All my watched status is back, my collections are back and my system is back to being responsive. Not sure why Emby caused all that havoc but now I'm good. I guess this is just not for me.

Even last night trying to remove the Beta server (it wouldn't install to start with) I had to go to my Registry to remove it. It just wouldn't uninstall....maybe because it failled to fully install to start with.

It seems all fails when trying to install Emby. This is on a Windows 8.1 machine if that makes a difference.

Is there anything to do with my Firewall? It didn't say anywhere that the firewall could interfere with it.

Angelblue05

Yeah @@RavRob I'm really unsure about this one. :(

Are you able to copy paste your post, and post here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/53-windows/

You definitively need to set up your Emby server and get it running correctly before attempting Emby for Kodi as it depends on your server. Sorry that you've been having this trouble, but if you post in the right section, you'll get the help you need.

steve1977

This is great to hear, well done. A few questions:

1) Is anyone running this successfully on an RPi with a large library?

2) I see quite a few questions about music and large music libraries being an issue. Is the issue to get the sync running and this to take long? Or is it also slowing things down after the initial sync has happened?

3) Can I play two movies in parallel with this setup? Or play a movie through Kodi and play-to-DLNA via DLNA to another device in another room?

Thanks!!!

thefirstofthe300

I just wanted to stop by and say:

HOLY CRAP GUYS! THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING!

I never bothered to play around with the Emby add-on more than once and I am really amazed at how far this team has taken the add-on. Again.....Wow........  B)  :rolleyes:  :)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Edited by DaBungalow
  • Like 3

StealthDefender

Because the stable version do not sync any music (syncing works but nothing in database) i try a second time the beta version.

I do a full resync of database including music! Now since 2 hours the sync of music is about 10% of the whole music (songs 2022 of 18143)

the counting goes 1 or 2 songs in a second!

Lokking forward and hope the music appear in my database.

Greetz Stealth

grouik1er

I success to connect Emby kodi addon to an  emby server on the WAN.

Play is succefull but i find no way to activate subtitle or change audio track.

StealthDefender

Oh my god,

Guys and devs, i am so sorry.

Music now works, it was my fault i think. I have Reset the sub Menü for Music in artic skin settings and now all Music is here.

Sorry for blame you with my Problem........

Hope you all forgive me. ;-)

Great work......i mentioned a many times! So go on.

Greetz Stealth

• Like 1

steve1977

Oh my god,

Guys and devs, i am so sorry.

Music now works, it was my fault i think. I have Reset the sub Menü for Music in artic skin settings and now all Music is here.

Sorry for blame you with my Problem........

Hope you all forgive me. ;-)

Great work......i mentioned a many times! So go on.

Greetz Stealth

This is great to hear. Are you using stable or beta? Any thoughts on my questions above?

neiluys

General music question - Love and use Emby - started looking at Kodi to consume content from Emby because Microsoft will drop WMC from Windows 10. 

What do I do with Music - do I present the music to Kodi from EMBY though plugin - or do I import my Music library directly into Kodi and leave Emby with TV and Movies ?

My issue is with the tags ... I want to somehow keep or use the song ratings to create playlists and the party mode in Kodi - Don't know how well if at all Emby deals with song ratings. I saw some MusicBrainz tags for album and artist info - but not no song ratings .. ?

StealthDefender

@@steve1977

Generally i have Not much to say to your questions but i try ;)

First i would say the Raspi is in my opinion to slow and under powerred to be a great Media solution.

On First Initial sync with music my Intel nuc took about 4 hours.....this is to long i think, because the nuc is wirred to gigabit LAN!

Fair to say IT took only that long with music sync ( think my database is to big) movies and series go faster!

I use now the beta Version of the plugin, works well so far!

About streaming i think this should work, IT should be no Problem if your emby Server is strong enough!

I play movies over kodi directly and then you can stream over the Server the Same File to a other Device!

Greetz Stealth

• Like 1

Twisted

I was having trouble with the add-on working, so I uninstalled Kodi and reinstalled Kodi 15.0 “Isengard”. I then installed Emby for Kodi - 1.0 [Liv]. I can still see my old apps, so I think I did not uninstall everything completely. The challenge I am having now, is I have no access to even configure Emby for Kodi - 1.0 [Liv].

I think I need to start fresh! Unless someone has run across this issue before and knows how to correct it?

Edited by Twisted

wraslor

Just curious if anyone else is having playback issues?  Played a movie fine last night, tried to start one today and it said opening stream then went back to the main screen.  Rebooted both server and client and now it launches and plays my intro with no sound then starts the movie for a few seconds with no sound and freezes.  Didn't have time to look at anything else and I'll dig into it after work but just wanted to check if anyone else had any issues.

soundjack

Hi, first of all congrats to the devs, this is working really well!

A small improvement I'd like to suggest has to do with subtitle downloading while in Kodi. Even though Emby does a good job downloading subs automatically most of the times, occasionally it will get the wrong version. In those cases I have to download manually. When I was using Kodi libraries, opening up the subtitle download menu (while playing a video) would show me the name of the file. This was very useful because I could more easily match my file with the available subs (files usually have a release name or so). Is there any possibility this could eventually get into the list of small improvements?

Twisted

I could not get Emby for Kodi to work on Isengard, so I switched over to Helix. If anyone has had success please share! The beta 2 launched today with some exciting new features and I would love to get on it :)

A BIG kudos to the developers, it is so nice to use any skin now :D

I would also like to ask if anyone been able to get the playlists to working on Xperience1080? I am trying to get the skin to show partial played movies, but it is not working :(

Vidman

I could not get Emby for Kodi to work on Isengard, so I switched over to Helix. If anyone has had success please share! The beta 2 launched today with some exciting new features and I would love to get on it :)

A BIG kudos to the developers, it is so nice to use any skin now :D

I would also like to ask if anyone been able to get the playlists to working on Xperience1080? I am trying to get the skin to show partial played movies, but it is not working :(

Is this a known issue? I can't get it to work on isengard beta 2 on android and windows devices either

im85288

Yes it's a known issue, as a rule we don't support beta software. It is working fine with beta 1 but there were some changes in beta 2 that seem to have broken things. Once the Release Candidate is out we will make sure this addons working correctly.

hifiaudio2

Running:

Nvidia Shield update 1.2 (which came out today)

Kodi Isengard beta 2 from the Google Play store (not sideloaded on the Shield)

Repository 1.0 stable

Latest beta Emby server on windows 2012 R2 (set up as a domain)

For network configuration in emby on Kodi i have my admin user domain name and password

I got the  Emby repository easily and configured on my Nvidia Shield.  It saw the server, said it was online, and asked for the user selection, which was "parents".  It then said there was an Emby error and that I should check the log.  I don't know which log it is referring to, I suppose something within Kodi?  How do I find and view that log on Kodi on the Shield Android TV? 

The Emby for Kodi add on is also causing Kodi to hang upon exit.  It will not quit, reboot, shutdown unless I do a force stop on Kodi.  Uninstalling Emby for Kodi corrects this. 

FYI the EMBY ATV app on the Shield works correctly so the server and data are available and online. 

Edited by hifiaudio2

Angelblue05

Two posts above yours tells you what the problem is, hifi... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hifiaudio2

Oh -- LOL sorry.  I saw Xperience1080  in the post and thought that was the issue.  

FYI beta 2 and the Emby addon DOES work for me in Windows,  just not on the Shield. 

Can you tell me where I can view the log it supposedly made, just for my info and if I need to troubleshoot this or something else?  I have no idea where Kodi puts logs. 

Edited by hifiaudio2

hifiaudio2

Fyi I just went into the Windows machine and did a full database resync to see if I could break it upon sync,  but no, it did another super fast sync like the original Windows install did and works fine. 

Angelblue05

Yeah, beta 2 is not compatible with our add-on. You can see with the error. Try using beta 1 or Helix 14.2 instead.