Emby for Kodi

xnappo

StealthDefender

Tried all from the beginning. Fresh install of openelec latest stable Version.

On Start i get a error from emby addon. No Initial sync.

After a delete database and resync Action the addon initalizes the First sync. This took 12 hours ( music includet).

Movies, TV Shows are imported correctly but No music.

Now every time a restart my machine a sync Start but ends with an emby error!

Greetz Stealth

Angelblue05

@@StealthDefender

What's the size of your library?

can you please post your log capturing that initial error?

Thanks

Edited by Angelblue05

StealthDefender

Library is about 800 movies, 100 TV Shows and a very huge music database.

Will Do a log Post tomorrow, can you tell me which one you need primary?

Thx and good night ;-)

Angelblue05

The Kodi log that shows the errors you were talking about. :)

On Start i get a error from emby addon. No Initial sync.
Now every time a restart my machine a sync Start but ends with an emby error!

RavRob

I can't make this work.  I have installed the server and the addon on my laptop running Windows 8.1and I installed the addon on an Andoid tablet and on my PC running Windows 7.  They all tells me the server is detected and running but I can not for the life of me get my library to sync. 

I see no sign of my library on the emby.media website once I sign into my account and no sign of my library on my two client devices.  Furthermore, I lost all my media on my server device and had to set content all over again.  The path was still set however.

What am I missing here?  Either something I didn't or something I should have done and didn't do.

Help

techywarrior

I decided to give Emby for Kodi a try and see how the new plugin works. Even though you have Github tutorial I'd recommend that you add a new thread in the Tutorials/Guide section in the forums here because it may be easier for people to find then looking in the forum for a link to Github. Even if the thread here is just a link to the Github tutorial. At least people looking for a guide and go to the tutorial and guides section will see it listed. At the moment there are tutorials for most of the other apps but not this one.

StealthDefender

So i hope this helps.

In mening of a bug with the NUC drivers or something i decidet to shut down my machine every day with the remote.

I am also start kodi with my logitech harmoony (means a full restart of system).

Now every time the mahine starts emby do a full sync of database. Sometimes kodi crashes and the sync starts new!

When i erite this message the sync starts about 3 times and is now going about 1 hour and perform the music sync(processing music songs 1349 of18143) after that no music is in the music section.

Have i add the music source by myself (this was on the previous machine)?

Don´t know whats going wrong with this, .....

THX for help and i hope this helps

Greetz Stealth

kodi.log

Angelblue05

@@StealthDefender

Please note the Kodi debug is not needed and just makes our life harder reading your log files :) Moving on, I don't see any errors in your log. All I see is your artwork being cached as it's supposed to.

Hmm, this line 8729 is interesting: 

NOTICE: ADD artist to Kodi library -> Id: f0e8a342800d52bf3dbcf529cd50f179 - Title: Syntax Error

What I think is that some title name is tripping the process up. @@marcelveldt Do you see anything?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

Try the sync with the logging turned OFF as it looks like there's some error in our logging, so basically it's the error log that creates the error ;-)

• Like 1

RavRob

I gave this a shot last night but I am not impressed. Now Kodi is slow and crashes all the time. Emby did update all my movies and TV Shows on my server machine but on my other two devices, the TV Shows did not update. Emby only sync'ed some watched status in the movies folder on my server machine but not all and none were sync'ed on my other two machines.

Basically it is not working nearly as good as I thought it would.

It took 2 hours and 14 minutes to update just over 1500 movies and 120 TV shows but it took many tries to update it on my server STB as it was freezing constantly.

Where do I get the log for this? Is it a Kodi log or does it have a log of its own?

When I try and run Manual Sync on my Android machine it returns a "Emby error, check log" notification. But when I first start Kodi, it tells me the server is online.

Tx

RR

Angelblue05

@@RavRob

Please see: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

We are looking for your Kodi log, but set the log for Emby for Kodi add-on settings to Info. Capture the manual sync error in your log** as well.

Thanks, we appreciate the feedback and are always looking to improve the add-on.

Edited by Angelblue05

RavRob

@@Angelblue05

Tx for coming back to me so quickly. I will see about a log tonight when I get home. I have left my server on so it can update today. Hopefully all it needs is time. If things haven't improved tonight, I will post a log.

BTW this morning Kodi on my server STB was stock at "Parsing 1 of 1568 movies". The only way out was to force a shut down via Ctrl-alt-Del buttons.

Log will be posted tonight.

Edited by RavRob

Angelblue05

Yeah, that sounds weird.... It's really hard to tell without a log. If not me, another dev will help you out! :)

StealthDefender

Try the sync with the logging turned OFF as it looks like there's some error in our logging, so basically it's the error log that creates the error ;-)

I am trying all the time to sync, the logging was enabled only once because i was in mind it is useful.

I installed the machine from ground new. have tried a few times do a full resync (emby addon do it by itself every time i start kodi).

Don´t know what this is all about.

Addet a actual log without debbuging!

Greetz Stealth

kodi.log

techywarrior

So, I've followed the Wiki and installed Emby for Kodi. Very nice so far. I only used the previous plugin shortly because I didn't like how it worked (at least at the time) but this one seems so much better in how it functions.

In the previous plugin only certain modified themes worked with it. With the new one it seems that it works with all the themes. Is that true? Are there any themes that are optimized for the plugin?

I am using the standard theme in Kodi (or at least the theme that was standard when I first installed XBMC years ago) and noticed that when I got to the Video section it seems to list my libraries as well as the media folders. For me some are named the same thing (movies, tv) so it's very confusing. Is this a bug or just a limitation with the way the plugin needs to work? It would be nice if it adhered to the user preferences on the server about which to display.

RavRob

Well my server was frozen again.  I can't make it work long enough to get a log from Kodi.  The only thing I could do was to remove all that stuff.....server, and all the plugins on my varius STBs.  Now finally my system is back to woking smoothly.

I guess I'll have to wait until the wrinkles are ironed out before I attempt again. 

Good effort from the dev team though.

xnappo

@@Angelblue05 / @@im85288 - I think there was a problem with TV Tunes and the 1.0 release?  I seem to remember it causing some strange behavior.

@@RavRob - if you are interested - you could give our Beta repo a try - which has definitely addressed that particular issue.

Of course you could also just try disabling TVTunes if you are using it.

Edited by xnappo

im85288

Not that I can recall, if the server is freezing/crashing that should be reported in the server section.

xnappo

True - I didn't read it was the server crashing until just now.  Oops.

RavRob

@@Angelblue05 / @@im85288 - I think there was a problem with TV Tunes and the 1.0 release?  I seem to remember it causing some strange behavior.

@@RavRob - if you are interested - you could give our Beta repo a try - which has definitely addressed that particular issue.

Of course you could also just try disabling TVTunes if you are using it.

Where do I get the Beta repo?

inesergio

Using emby for kodi with Videoextras add-on beta version 1.3.0 puts my system in 'autoplay' it starts playing random videos. Using beta version on openelec