Emby for Kodi

xnappo

CBers

Is there a way of backing up the user/skin settings from one device and restoring it to a second device ??

I have my Nexus Player set up the way I want, but just installed Kodi and the addon to my Fire TV, and now having to go through all the settings again so they look the same.

Thanks,

Angelblue05

Be careful with doing this because guisettings also contains the Kodi device specs in there (if Kodi loads with wrong specs, then you get a black screen). You need to copy only the skin section over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Is there a way of backing up the user/skin settings from one device and restoring it to a second device ??

I have my Nexus Player set up the way I want, but just installed Kodi and the addon to my Fire TV, and now having to go through all the settings again so they look the same.

Thanks,

If you're using Titan skin: It has its own backup feature in the skin settings

CBers

If you're using Titan skin: It has its own backup feature in the skin settings

Thanks, but I'm using the Xperience1080 skin.

Whilst I'm here, is there a way of marking an item as watched / unwatched in the addon please?

I'm have Kodi running on a Nexus Player and an Amazon Fire TV, but can't find the option anywhere.

xnappo

It is in the context menu - you need to find out on the Kodi forums how to bring up the context menu on those devices.  On a PC it is the keyboard 'c' key, or right-click.

• Like 1

CBers

It is in the context menu - you need to find out on the Kodi forums how to bring up the context menu on those devices. On a PC it is the keyboard 'c' key, or right-click.

Thanks, all sorted now for both devices.

Had to create the relevant keyboard.xml files.

Also put in an advancedsettings.xml file for custom jump forward and back controls.

• Like 2

xnappo

You can also map the 'w' key on the remote if you want it to be really easy.

xnappo

• Like 1

inesergio

I'm using mySQL and have a few questions: Can I use skin shortcuts plugins for custom home menu based on path? for exemple I have a menu for "Movies" and another for "kids movies" based on the path /home/user/kids/movie1...

does Trakt plugin works?

Thank you and great work

xnappo

I'm using mySQL and have a few questions: Can I use skin shortcuts plugins for custom home menu based on path? for exemple I have a menu for "Movies" and another for "kids movies" based on the path /home/user/kids/movie1...

does Trakt plugin works?

Thank you and great work

Yes - if you make Kids/Movies in your Emby server setup you can make custom entries to them.  How depends on the skin.

As far as Trakt goes, yes it will work - but there is an Emby Trakt plugin as well that runs on the server.  Probably best to only run one.

quasar

does Trakt plugin works?

Thank you and great work

One thing that caught me out is if you have the username/password for the samba share configured in the Emby plugin in Kodi your paths will change to smb://user:password@server/path. All I had to do was change my smart playlists to start with smb://user:password@server/path/to/kids/tv (instead of smb://server/path/to/kids/tv) and it just worked. If your skin supports pointing directly to video nodes you don't need to use smart playlists at all, the Emby plugin creates a node for each library folder from Emby. I only use the smart playlists now for separating "Recent TV Shows"  & "Recent Kids TV Shows" widgets on my home screen.

Having trakt running on both Emby and Kodi resulted in double scrobbling, I was hoping to have Emby do the scrobbling and the Trakt plugin just prompt me for the rating after watching something but turning off scrobbling in Trakt seems to stop the rating dialog showing.

dkplayaclub

I just installed emby, removed all my video sources from XBMC and cleaned the library. I don't appear to have lost a thing so that's just dandy. Hadn't had much time to play around with it yet, but I noticed one thing that's sort of odd. Now, none of my movies or shows have an information option in the context menu. Is there a known issue that would cause this, or do I need to change a setting or something?

xnappo

I just installed emby, removed all my video sources from XBMC and cleaned the library. I don't appear to have lost a thing so that's just dandy. Hadn't had much time to play around with it yet, but I noticed one thing that's sort of odd. Now, none of my movies or shows have an information option in the context menu. Is there a known issue that would cause this, or do I need to change a setting or something?

Hmm- what skin are you using?  I just checked in Aeon Nox 4 and it is there.

eskay993

Love this addons! Great concept and I've been looking forward to the stable release. Amazing work guys!

One thing though - On my Fire TV, everything is working great except I get the "Compressing Database" message popping up constantly (every 10-15 secs). Sometimes it appears for a few seconds, sometimes it just flashes but enough to be distracting and slow down my skin and force the loading icon to appear. Sometimes it also says "Preparing something or other,,,, forgot :)". This happens even when idle.

Sometimes my poster all start flashing as well and I see the database is being updated (Update Database button changes to "Stop Update". This goes on and off for a few seconds at a time in a row. I suspecting this is all related.

I have show progress disabled in addon settings. Is this expected behaviour or is something odd happening? 

Edited by eskay993

VladTepz

Love this addons! Great concept and I've been looking forward to the stable release. Amazing work guys!

One thing though - On my Fire TV, everything is working great except I get the "Compressing Database" message popping up constantly (every 10-15 secs). Sometimes it appears for a few seconds, sometimes it just flashes but enough to be distracting and slow down my skin and force the loading icon to appear. Sometimes it also says "Preparing something or other,,,, forgot :)". This happens even when idle.

Sometimes my poster all start flashing as well and I see the database is being updated (Update Database button changes to "Stop Update". This goes on and off for a few seconds at a time in a row. I suspecting this is all related.

I have show progress disabled in addon settings. Is this expected behaviour or is something odd happening? 

I believe these are actually Kodi messages, so in Kodi, enabling "Hide progress of library updates" in Settings>Video>Library &  Settings>Music>Library should hide them.

Just wanted to add, you may need to change your Settings Level to see those options depending on you Kodi version.

-Vlad

Edited by VladTepz
  • Like 1

eskay993

I believe these are actually Kodi messages, so in Kodi, enabling "Hide progress of library updates" in Settings>Video>Library &  Settings>Music>Library should hide them.

Just wanted to add, you may need to change your Settings Level to see those options depending on you Kodi version.

-Vlad

Ahh that did the trick! Thanks for the tip :) Working perfectly now.

One other quick question. When I start a video, it says Opening Stream. Does that mean it's streaming it does it always say that even for direct play? I have smb details setup in the addon setting and path substitution set up on the server side (/storage/ substituted to smb://SERVERNAME/storage/).

Thanks!

Angelblue05

No, that's just what Kodi shows when loading content. The server will tell you what it's doing by mouse over the Kodi device in the dashboard (active devices).

VladTepz

Ahh that did the trick! Thanks for the tip :) Working perfectly now.

One other quick question. When I start a video, it says Opening Stream. Does that mean it's streaming it does it always say that even for direct play? I have smb details setup in the addon setting and path substitution set up on the server side (/storage/ substituted to smb://SERVERNAME/storage/).

Thanks!

Glad to be of help  :)

Pretty sure that "Opening Stream" is just Kodi/Emby addon connecting to the Emby server & is normal since by default, Emby uses plugin:\\ instead of the direct path.

Using Direct paths in the Emby Addon might remove the "Opening Stream", but you will loose some cool, Emby features.( Cinema Mode & Parent Control>access schedule, etc..)

-Vlad

Edited by VladTepz
  • Like 1

dkplayaclub

As far as the information option missing, I was able to clear the library and do a fresh install and sync and now I can see it. :)
I do have another question though. I was under the impression that when using Emby that changes made to the library in Emby would show up immediately in Kodi. Am I understanding this incorrectly? I added a movie to my library and it didn't show up.

Angelblue05

It should show up immediately. However if things are still running in the background (like artwork being updated etc) it might take a little longer to show up.

It is normal for fresh install but once things are fully synced and artwork is cached, everything else will fall into place and run quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

DruTheFu

With Emby and its option to download artwork, would this option in essence remove the dependency on the Kodi 'Artwork Downloader' add-on and it can be uninstalled?  Where does Emby download the artwork to? Alongside the media file on the source, or to the device's storage that Kodi is on?  I ask because I run Kodi on Amazon Fire TVs, and have a very limited amount of native storage.

Thanks

eskay993

No, that's just what Kodi shows when loading content. The server will tell you what it's doing by mouse over the Kodi device in the dashboard (active devices).

Glad to be of help  :)

Pretty sure that "Opening Stream" is just Kodi/Emby addon connecting to the Emby server & is normal since by default, Emby uses plugin:\\ instead of the direct path.

Using Direct paths in the Emby Addon might remove the "Opening Stream", but you will loose some cool, Emby features.( Cinema Mode & Parent Control>access schedule, etc..)

-Vlad

That's what thought, but just wanted to be sure :) Thank you both.

• Like 1