Emby for Kodi

xnappo

xnappo
Emby for Kodi [codename: Liv]
Import your Emby media library to Kodi.

The Emby addon for Kodi combines the best of Kodi - ultra smooth navigation, beautiful UIs and playback of any file under the sun, and Emby - the most powerful fully open source multi-client media metadata indexer and server.

Emby for Kodi is the absolute best way to enjoy the incredible Kodi playback engine combined with the power of Emby's centralized database.
For users looking to help test, see the Beta section at the bottom of this post.

Features:

• Direct integration with the Kodi library for native Kodi speed
  • Instant synchronization with the Emby server
  • Full support for Movie, TV, Music and more
  • Emby Server transcoding support - use Kodi when you are away from home!

Minimum version supported: Krypton

Get started here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki#get-started

For full details on installation and usage, see our Wiki here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/wiki

If you are still using Kodi Isengard or Jarvis for some reason (only functional with server 3.5 and lower), you can find the last supported release here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/2.3.63

Enjoy!

Angelblue05

marcelveldt, null_pointer, im85288, xnappo

P.S. This is dedicated to @@marcelveldt's baby girl - Liv!

beta

Emby For Kodi Addon has a Beta version you can try if you want to test the latest and greatest, this version usually comes with the latest features and bug fixes that are released for testing.

Get started here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki#get-started

All Beta changes and Fixes are checked into the develop branch in GitHub, you can track the branch and view the changes for Beta builds there:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/commits/master

Please follow this procedure to report bugs:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/how-to-report-an-issue

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 28

kolbasz

local DB gone on 2 systems.

I have openelec on 2 system, one a cubox the other an rpi2, both went to 1.0 and the DB went away except one category...tried full resync, same result, now I wont be watching any tv...

server lost all media, so not a add-on issue, carry on

Edited by kolbasz

CBers

Just installed Kodi and the addon onto my Nexus Player.

Sync took about 15 minutes.

Playback is excellent - direct playing and not transcoding.

Great job :)

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

i need to do this!.. sending myself a remind now.. wish i could remote into the NP/FTV from work and just do it now ;o

update: the wiki above... the beta repo link is broken.. stable works fine.. so ill start my redo with stable for now.. just an fyi

Edited by MrWebsmith
  • Like 1

ktide1

I've been running the beta for a while now.  Any special instruction on migrating from beta to 1.0?

xnappo

If you want to move off the beta, just uninstall the beta repo, and install the stable repo instead.  If you have already been upgraded to 1.0.01 you will need to uninstall/reinstall the addon.

Links to both repos are in the Wiki in the first post.

MrWebsmith

with this new release (im re-setting up "fresh").. it seems the only skin is the zephyr artice one.. should i add any additional repos or will the others be moving along to join it shortly..( and ill just wait)

johnodon

Just installed on Isengard.  Sync took no more than 45 seconds with 500 movies and 89 TV shows (who knows how many seasons/episodes)!  I am now one step closer to dumping MariaDB.

Great job!

John

Edited by johnodon

marcelveldt

with this new release (im re-setting up "fresh").. it seems the only skin is the zephyr artice one.. should i add any additional repos or will the others be moving along to join it shortly..( and ill just wait)

There are no special skins needed for this addon, you can install any skin you like!
  • Like 1

MrWebsmith

right.. my question is more that if i go to the emby for kodi repo to add a skin i only saw the 1 listed to install...

oh or you mean there  is no such think as an "addon compatible skin" for emby anymore... gotcha!! thats news that should make the blog post imho... i last played with the addon in the days where 6-8 skins had "mb3" versions

Edited by MrWebsmith
  • Like 1

xnappo

Good point - for the blog post I will include some of the WIki text. 

But yes, now just go to the official Kodi repo (or other repos) and install whatever skin..  The ones developed by @@im85288 and @@marcelveldt will obviously have an Emby tilt, but any skin works now.

hamstercat

Kodi for Emby... is it Christmas already and no one told me?  :P

Delphi

Why can't the Settings, Network, General, Device Name be used instead specifying one at the add-on level? 

im85288

Why can't the Settings, Network, General, Device Name be used instead specifying one at the add-on level?

Is that a feature request or do you know for sure it cannot be used?

• Like 1

xnappo

Sounds like a feature request, so make a new thread. I don't know if we can get that name in Python or not.

matrixebiz

Hello, I've installed it and looks like it calculated all the movies properly in my local folders after configuring my PC IP address, Username and password but when I try and go into one of the folders nothing happens ?? any ideas?

I have almost 400 movies it there, do I have to wait for it to do dome some syncing or something?

EDIT: seems to be working now

post-2504-0-56378600-1433262076_thumb.jpg

Edited by matrixebiz

CBers

Small point, but when I used the Kodi addon the other day on my Nexus Player, the Emby user's profile image wasn't displayed.

Should it be ??

Angelblue05

Where are you expecting the image? Can you take a screenshot? If you don't know how, you can accomplish it via the webclient remote control > Controls > Last button in the list

CBers

I thought it would appear next to my Emby user name in the top left of the screen - using Xperience1080 skin (I think that's what it is called).

scalda

Where are you expecting the image? Can you take a screenshot? If you don't know how, you can accomplish it via the webclient remote control > Controls > Last button in the list

@@CBers you mean this

2015-06-04%2012.35.26.jpg

• Like 1

CBers

The Emby for Kodi team is proud to announce the release of the first stable version: Emby for Kodi 1.0 [codename: Liv]!

Emby for Kodi is the absolute best way to enjoy the incredible Kodi playback engine combined with the power of Emby's centralized database.

For full details on installation and usage, see our Wiki here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Kodi/wiki

The BETA link in the wiki doesn't exist.

• Like 1

CBers

Fixed it. Thanks :)

When will BETA be pushed to STABLE please ??

Or should I just use BETA ??

• Like 1

im85288

Yes.

If your using my 1080XF mod the user image will only be shown when using the old addon. It's something we had not ported across to this new addon yet.

When will BETA be pushed to STABLE please ??

Or should I just use BETA ??

I would stick with BETA, but version 1.0.0 is already on STABLE..so it's up to you really on how you prefer things.

• Like 2