Go back to the minimalist OSD while watching..

diaz1510

Heckler

The version I have is the most recent official release from a couple of days ago  Version 3.0.5667.6... and it's been that way for the last 3 versions.

If this is due in the next release and you're on a beta... then all I can say is Thank Fuck because I hate it with a passion reserved for the most evil of things.

Happy2Play

I get the same results a Raff in IE (not full screen) and the same results a Heckler in FF and IE (Full screen).

I am, and have always been, on the release version. I don't use the web client a lot - typically on accident because I forgot to set my DNLA device but I don't recall seeing the big overlay for the last two releases. Actually, make that three, since I believe I updated twice in the last week.

So, we are on the same version and getting different results. I suggest checking your settings. I'm willing to help compare, but I would prefer keeping this civil when I do.

Just in case there was something special about my Dr. Who set up, I also tested my most recent addition Almost Human. It behaves the same way.

Edit to add: I am on Chrome, maybe that is the difference?

Edited by Raff

Happy2Play

Raff is your screenshot from full screen mode?

Heckler

I am, and have always been, on the release version. I don't use the web client a lot - typically on accident because I forgot to set my DNLA device but I don't recall seeing the big overlay for the last two releases. Actually, make that three, since I believe I updated twice in the last week.

So, we are on the same version and getting different results. I suggest checking your settings. I'm willing to help compare, but I would prefer keeping this civil when I do.

Just in case there was something special about my Dr. Who set up, I also tested my most recent addition Almost Human. It behaves the same way.

Edit to add: I am on Chrome, maybe that is the difference?

I'm on Firefox v39.0 but I tested it with IE 11... I don't use chrome because it had more security issues last year than Firefox and IE combined and still fails to handle popunders and redirects effectively.

Makes no difference if either is in full screen mode or not... and there's nothing I can see in settings that would alter it... but then again they do have a habbit of putting settings in ridiculous places that you'd never know about unless explicitly told they exist... Ease of use no longer applies to emby sadly.

stupidoverlay02.JPG

Pic above is for IE11, the one in the previous post was FF39

Edited by Heckler

MrWebsmith

my pic was from chrome maximized but the player windows was NOT f/s... i will try to see if f/s makes a differnce here

no difference here when i f/s the video player

Happy2Play

Sorry meant maximized not F/S.

New install of Chrome Version 43.0.2357.134 m

Browser maximized

55a55ca2c5e8f_max.jpg

Non-maximized (shrunk browser box)

55a55d0553f36_nonmax.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

MrWebsmith

yes.. this i can 100% confirm.. that i get the more minimal osd if i window the browser and start to shrink it down.... screen res is 1920x1080 and i need to shrink it at least approx 25% before it goes to the more minimal look...

Bizarre - definitely full screen. I have the "Restore Down" and not "Maximize" next to my close button.

Tested a few things and actually, it is the screen size. I run a dual monitor set-up with each running at native resolution. On my second screen (where I keep stuff like this forum) it is 1600x900 - no extra shows up even when maximized. But on my 1920x1080 monitor it does. In fact, when I "send" it between monitors, it immediately pops up.

It can probably be hidden via CSS.

It appears to be the div with the "nowPlayingInfo" class if someone wants to slap a "display: none" and see if that removes it.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

It can probably be hidden via CSS.

It appears to be the div with the "nowPlayingInfo" class if someone wants to slap a "display: none" and see if that removes it.

Was just testing that.  This removes the extra info.

.nowPlayingInfo {display: none;}
Edited by Happy2Play

Heckler

The implementation of this 'feature' is just plain stupid... It shouldn't be there in the first place and it shouldn't be dependent on the screen res... it should simply be minimal at all times or it interferes with playback... it's that simple.

Messing with css to fix an issue that should never have been there in the first place... and will simply come back in the next release is a crazy way to fix it... It needs to be removed entirely... end of story.

Deathsquirrel

The implementation of this 'feature' is just plain stupid... It shouldn't be there in the first place and it shouldn't be dependent on the screen res... it should simply be minimal at all times or it interferes with playback... it's that simple.

Messing with css to fix an issue that should never have been there in the first place... and will simply come back in the next release is a crazy way to fix it... It needs to be removed entirely... end of story.

I kinda like it.  I don't care if it's reverted but you're giving opinions not declaring facts here.

• Like 3

Angelblue05

I have no idea what you consider minimalist.... but this sure as fuck is anything but minimal. It's an eyesore that interferes with playback of media and pops up with the slightest vibration in the house, or if traffic passes by the house 15 meters away... or if anyone walks up/down the stairs.  It's nothing short of a stupid design that needs to be removed... at at least let me revert back to a version before this hideous looking shite. I have seriously had enough of this crap along with every release being worse than the last one before... each version introduces more problems that it resolves... and I don't know if the devs just aren't testing properly or if they just don't give a shit any more... because BAD DESIGN IS BAD DESIGN.

Yeah I just re-tested, it was fine when I said this, then it seems to have gone back to the big panel overlay since. I don't use the web client very often, just Kodi since it works extremely well. I agree the big panel should be removed. I'm sure it will get done, or pull requests are always welcome if one wanted to fix the issue sooner. :)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

This is now available in Emby Server 4.3. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement. Please try it out and feel free to create more feature request topics if you'd like us to expand on it. Thanks.