Overscan compensation for full screen UI?

cncb

The only thing I see in the Intel drivers to compensate for overscan is the "Scaling" attribute which definitely scales down video playback as well.  I would just note that both XBMC and MediaPortal have specific "calibration" screens where you can compensate for overscan.

The ultimate solution would be for me to get a new tv without overscan  :) but unfortunately that is not in the cards right now.  But I understand if you don't want to put effort into a feature for a minority of users.

Xbmc and Media Portal have been around for a very long time. Those features were probably implemented many years ago when the adjustments couldn't be made at the OS level. So having said that, just because they have something, doesn't mean we're going to do it. That's the beauty of starting fresh, you get to re-evaluate everything and see what's important, and what's not.

There might also be settings within your TV that are affecting the overscan. I know mine has them. They're on an input-specific basis.

Edited by pagali

At the moment, no. Do you see the issue with other apps? If so, it should be done in your graphics card configuration (e.g. catalyst control center or equivalent).

WMC and other apps have options/settings to deal with overscan such that all the UI can be seen.  I think changing this in the graphics drivers (Intel) would also affect video playback (lead to unnecessary scaling, etc.) so I don't think I want to do that.

techywarrior

Under/Over scan compensation should be done at the graphics driver level since it's really an issue with the tv/monitor and the video output rather then an application.