Audio Commentary in Emby and not in WMC

RedCatcher01

RedCatcher01

All,

Not sure this is the right forum but it's the closest one I could find. If I am wrong then I apologize now. 

I have a large library of movies I have ripped and put on a media server. I use the Emby server to manage my collection and use DVDFab to make a copy in the library. I have been using this setup since the days of Media Center and it's performed flawlessly.

But lately an interesting thing occurs when I play a movie, I am getting the audio commentary being played using Emby theater to play. But when I use Windows Media Center, pulling from the same file, I do not get the commentary only the movie sound.

Do I have a setting wrong in Emby? I've looked and can't seem to find anything related to it in either Emby server or Emby theater.

Suggestions?

RedCatcher01 

You must be ripping to some sort of disc-based format (video_ts or ISO or bdmv folders) which will not be supported very well for transcoding to different platforms.  WMC was designed to play DVD rips but pretty much nothing more modern is.

MBT should be able to direct play most content but maybe not folder rips/ISOs.

Vidman

In emby server user settings there is options for default audio/subtitle tracks, but I don't know if these settings will have any affect in this case