Scheduled Tasks issue on Ubuntu server

Xtropy
Go to solution Solved by Xtropy,

Xtropy

I am having an issue with Scheduled Tasks in Ubuntu.

The version of Emby I am using is 3.0.5607.2 and Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-53-generic x86_64)

Whenever I try to add a "trigger" for Scheduled tasks, I get a messages stating "Task not found" and none of my scheduled tasks run according to the schedules that are currently there. For example, "Check for application updates" has default values of "Every 24 Hours" and "On application startup". I have tried to modify these values and add new triggers but they result in either "Task not found" or no message at all but they do not get added. I have done a complete re-install of Emby from the new PPA, wiped my /var/lib/emby/ folder completely and started from scratch but still experiencing the same issues. I have also tried adding the Trakt addon but cannot setup any triggers as well. The values that are there (for example "Check for application updates" and "Every 24 Hours") do not run according the schedule. These tasks do run on application startup however.

Any suggestions about how to correct this problem?

http://pastebin.com/eByVG8wE

cygni

I am having a similar issue. 

I haven't see the "Task not found" message you mentioned but none of the scheduled tasks run.

I can manually run 'Scan Media Library' successfully but it never runs via the schedule. 

Xtropy

I purged Emby via apt-get , deleted the /var/lib/emby/ folder and all traces of the application and started from scratch. Still have the same issue with "Task not found" whenever I try to add an any changes to scheduled tasks. Adding to my last logs:

2015-05-28 10:45:52.3503 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5621.3
Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.53
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: /var/lib/emby
Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 12 18:04:15 UTC 2015)
Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Task not found
MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException
at MediaBrowser.Api.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskService.Post (MediaBrowser.Api.ScheduledTasks.UpdateScheduledTaskTriggers) <0x0025f>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1/<>c__DisplayClass6<MediaBrowser.Api.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskService>.<CreateExecFn>b__5 (object,object) <0x0002d>
at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.Api.ScheduledTasks.UpdateScheduledTaskTriggers>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.Api.ScheduledTasks.UpdateScheduledTaskTriggers) <0x00428>

2015-05-28 10:45:52.3503 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/ScheduledTasks/7717368eb904db8e2522240726ba251a/Triggers
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5621.3
Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.53
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: /var/lib/emby
Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 12 18:04:15 UTC 2015)
Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Task not found
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available

Xtropy

Can anyone confirm this issue? I have checked my /var/lib/emby-server/data/ScheduledTasks/ folder and permissions are fine, I have about 13 .js files here. I also deleted the entire directory and restarted the server, same issue and files rebuilt. Here are screenshots from both the system task "Check for application updates" as well as the Trakt addon....

55699f067b6d9_Sched1.jpg

\55699f20b1a65_Sched2.jpg