Server Configuration Backup Profile Name

Gerro
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Gerro

Hello everyone, just last night I was messing with my server looking at the many new plugins I hadn´t seen before and I decided to try a few new ones that might come in handy, having had a recent  catastrophic hdd failure on a different computer I´m painfully aware of my lack of backups so I installed this wonderful Server Configuration Backup plugin.

For it´s intended purpose it appears to work, although I haven´t tried the restore function yet, at least having a copy of the information makes me happy.

The problem I got last night was that while trying the available functions I created a new profile as a test but didn´t type a name in it, the server went ahead and named it "undefined" for me at least while it wasn´t saved, once I clicked on it, modified the options inside the profile and saved it, it was automatically renamed to "Default", which I believe is a problem because once it gets that designation it becomes unable to delete, (renaming would be appreciated but delete and recreate would also work), I succeed replicating the fact multiple times, even by naming the profile "Default", I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin to see if the profile list would clear itself without any luck and now I´m stuck, I´m not sure what is going to happen when the scheduled task tries to run said "Default" profile being that I now have 6 of them with different configurations, for now I´ll leave it disabled.

Any other name but Default appears to be ok to delete (even while a new profile is named undefined before it´s saved), but once another Default is created I don´t know how to get rid of it.

5565989e69c40_Untitled.jpg

Happy2Play

Looks like you will have to go to the MBBackup.xml and manually cleanup the duplicate Default profiles.

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations

Yes, you will need to do that and I'll need to get proper validation in there on the name.  Thx.

• Solution

Okay, there is a new version up as a beta that should not let you create a profile with a blank name.  Plus, if you try to create one named "Default" it will rename it to "Default 2".

You will need to either delete your config file and start over, or manually edit it to remove the other "Default" profiles.  Nothing bad will happen with those there though.  The automatic backup will just run with the first "Default" it finds.

Thanks for the bug catch.  If you can confirm the new beta works properly for you, I'll move it to Release.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

New update works as described.

Gerro

Excellent work guys! I´m really impressed, I knew it would be something relatively fast to fix but I didn´t think it would happen overnight! just... WOW.

I removed the extra profiles from the xml file and tried breaking the new validation with different combinations of names and odd characters, they all worked as they should, so thank you all, I´m ecstatic to have contributed to this awesome thing even with this little bit.

Happy coding!

• 7 months later...
RanmaCanada

Why the hell isn't back up users one of the default options?  I just had a system wipe and none of my users have been saved with my backup..wtf.