Install problem - how do I know what series my TV is?

tp546

tp546

I just bought the UN32EH5300 and I don't know what series SmartHub it has - how do I figure that out? I can't seem to follow the instructions for any of the series in the install instructions so I don't know if I may have an incompatible TV. any help is appreciated.

FrostByte

You have a LED TV with a screen size of 32" and the series is H. That's about all I know from your model. You will want to use the same instructions as the F series TVs. However, got to warn you that several of the H series TVs can no longer use the automated install after loading the latest firmware from Samsung. If you think that may apply to you and you're having problems look for the thread with the instructions on how to load from USB.

tp546

thanks FrostByte, i found that thread but i posted there because i'm not sure what zip file i need to put on my usb - where do i get the zip file?

CBers

Let us know how you get on @@tp546.

Post your firmware level as well please.

I installed the app on my friend's UE32H5500 without an issue.

• Like 1

tp546

Let us know how you get on @@tp546.

Post your firmware level as well please.

I installed the app on my friend's UE32H5500 without an issue.

Hi @@CBers, I can't get it working - I loaded unzipped file on a USB drive and put it in my TV, but it doesn't seem to recognize it at all - is there a trick I need to try? I saw some said that the app showed up in their apps list, but I checked there and didn't see anything. My software version is 002003 - is that what you need? If not, let me know how I can find my firmware version. Thanks for your help!

CBers

Does installing any Smart TV  app work ?? Netflix ?? Amazon Prime ??

When I installed it on my friend's TV, it worked first time. I'm not sure what firmware he is running, but it will be a UK version of firmware.

Where in the world are you ??

Did you set up the IP syncing correctly, using the correct IP address, 173.230.139.54 ??

Did you login as DEVELOP ??

You followed the H series installation instructions ?? I don't remember putting in the password of "000000" though, but I may have done..

Perhaps we should have a straw-poll as to who has loaded the app successfully on the H series TV and who hasn't.

tp546

yes, other apps work just fine. 

i am in the US.

i tried the IP syncing before but i didn't realize i still had to do it with the USB - that did the trick! thanks so much!

there is no setting to view live tv in the app is there?

CBers

The IP syncing shouldn't make any difference with the USB method  :wacko:

If you switch off your TV, unplug the USB and switch TV back on, does the app still work ??

No Live TV in the app.

FrostByte

On my F series TV I have to input the IP every time when installing (not USB) even if I can see the IP address in the boxes from before. It will just say it's connecting and never get any further if I don't. If I type the IP over the IP that's already in the box it works just fine.

CBers

I've never had to do that, but I always have to login as develop each time.

FrostByte

Probably a firmware issue/difference between the countries. I've had to login every time now too after a recent firmware update.

• Like 1