Dropbox Cloud Sync Comments

leebo

leebo

I'm interested in the new Cloud sync plugin just announced. The developer asks for feedback, but no link is given to provide it, and the announcement thread is closed to comments. Is there already a thread for this topic?

My first question about this plugin would be regarding copyrights. I thought if a user uploads a movie, TV show, or album, each of the cloud providers would either remove it, or demand proof of purchase. This could become a hassle if one makes frequent use of this plugin. Am I incorrect?

Otherwise, this could be the solution for those of us who use a VPN service. I have yet to find any solution for streaming when I'm outside my home network (no, Emby connect or whatever it's called does not work from behind a VPN).

The content is stored in your cloud account but is not shared publicly. it is only accessible by emby clients connected to your server. as far as copyright goes, you'd have to check with the terms of service for dropbox. but from emby server's standpoint, we consider it your own private media.

leebo

Thanks Luke.

As the plugin is available from Emby, I would assume that as well. My question had to do with I guess the typical attitude of the various cloud providers. I just realized though that Google music allows uploads of your music library and not only do they not hassle you, but if they have the title they don't even make you upload it.

OK, second question: Is this plugin intended to work with most cloud providers, or just Dropbox? I think Amazon currently has the best deal on cloud storage right now.

Edit: Never mind. I got confused by the original email announcement for Dropbox Sync, which mentioned syncing to Google Drive.

Edited by leebo