HLS direct play from channel plugin

apishel

apishel

I'm writing a channel plugin which fetches links to HLS streams from external source.

What is the right way to tell MBS that this an HLS stream when creating ChannelMediaInfo object? My goal is to avoid transcoding HLS streams when playing on devices which support HLS.

I have tried this:

new ChannelMediaInfo{
    Path = "http://example.com/hls_streams/test.m3u8",
    Container = "mpegts",
    AudioCodec = "aac",
    VideoCodec = "h264",
    Protocol = MediaProtocol.Http,
    SupportsDirectPlay = true
}

but the stream is still transcoded when trying to play on Android (which supports HLS).

I have written similar channel plugin for the Plex and it plays without transcoding on Android, but in Plex I can specify protocol=hls explicitly from plugin.

not quite yet. we need to change channels to use the newer MediaSourceInfo rather than ChannelMediaInfo but in order to do that we'll have to break every channel temporarily. but if you'd like to help migrate the channels we can possibly do it soon.

hpooni

not quite yet. we need to change channels to use the newer MediaSourceInfo rather than ChannelMediaInfo but in order to do that we'll have to break every channel temporarily. but if you'd like to help migrate the channels we can possibly do it soon.

Does this mean server changes are still required or does MediaSourceInfo already exists and I simply have to migrate my channel to utilize it?  Do you have any examples if this can already be done?

no just implement the channel as is for now. i will rework them at some later date